The Middle Tennessee Thread

If you look at the white one up close her skin on her face is also yellow.... so is one of the girls in the other pictures. Legs are going to be the answer here or the soles of the feed.

Splash can fade to white but the combo she is breeding can't produce splash so that is not the case here with over breeding splash to become white.

Ooooooh! Genetic mysteries! My favorite!
pop.gif

Last edited:
Buff orpington chicks or fertile eggs needed! I have a very broody hen and no rooster. Anyone wanna sell some Buff Orpington hatching eggs or hatchlings?thanks and y'all have a good day!

Over more towards the east TN side , does anyone know who processes? I have 4 ducks that I need to do. I could do it, but someone who processes could do in and hour what would take me half a day or longer.

Who wanted my barred rock cockerel in Crossville area I think? My hubby nephew is coming over tomorrow we hope and he said he would take the roos. Pm me again I can't fine the other message.

Hey Donna, I got the bator running! Had a wooden table top that worked perfectly for the lid. I will manually tilt the egg turner for now. so I have 17 TN Red bobwhites and 24 cortunix in the box now! It is holding temps perfectly. Changed out your thermostat for my water heater thermostat. Yours at the lowest setting was spiking to 110˚. Mine is cycling between 95.6 and 99.7. Have a microwave fan in an oatmeal box that draws air from the cool bottom and shoots it up to the warm top. Put some Styrofoam slices behind the light fixtures to insulate the wires.

After the hatch I will put some casters on the bottom for ease of moving it. Thanks Donna! I am soooo jazzed!
woot.gif
wee.gif

Hey Donna, I got the bator running! Had a wooden table top that worked perfectly for the lid. I will manually tilt the egg turner for now. so I have 17 TN Red bobwhites and 24 cortunix in the box now! It is holding temps perfectly. Changed out your thermostat for my water heater thermostat. Yours at the lowest setting was spiking to 110˚. Mine is cycling between 95.6 and 99.7. Have a microwave fan in an oatmeal box that draws air from the cool bottom and shoots it up to the warm top. Put some Styrofoam slices behind the light fixtures to insulate the wires.

After the hatch I will put some casters on the bottom for ease of moving it. Thanks Donna! I am soooo jazzed!
woot.gif
wee.gif

You need to put up some pics.... that sound like a good revamp! I don't remember it spiking but I don't trust WHT now. I have digital in all mine now. It has been years since I used it. I have casters on the MEGA bator. I need something on the brooders and hatcher but have not figured that out yet.

Don't forget to turn them! I remember you saying something about you can't remember it. Set an alarm on your cell phone. I just turn mine once a day. I don't have an auto turner YET. My son has that gear on an old drill motor (over my head but something about the variable speeds make that a good motor to turn the eggs.... we will see)

You need to put up some pics.... that sound like a good revamp! I don't remember it spiking but I don't trust WHT now. I have digital in all mine now. It has been years since I used it. I have casters on the MEGA bator. I need something on the brooders and hatcher but have not figured that out yet.

Don't forget to turn them! I remember you saying something about you can't remember it. Set an alarm on your cell phone. I just turn mine once a day. I don't have an auto turner YET. My son has that gear on an old drill motor (over my head but something about the variable speeds make that a good motor to turn the eggs.... we will see)

It wasn't just that it spiked it would run no tower than 101˚.

Back
Top Bottom