The Moonshiner's Leghorns

P.S. Love all of the posts, couldn't stop reading and read it all in like an hour. Learned a lot and hope to learn more!:wee:pop
This is awesome.
Can't believe you read the whole thing. Did I say that was awesome?
That's what's great about BYC soooo much info on here and so many active members. I love it and love to contribute when I can.

This is awesome.
Can't believe you read the whole thing. Did I say that was awesome?
That's what's great about BYC soooo much info on here and so many active members. I love it and love to contribute when I can.

Do you have any updated pictures of your gorgeous birds? I always hope for pictures when I see you post in there, haha.

No but shouldn't be long before I'm back at it.
This winter was so bad haven't done much with the birds beside trying to keep them alive.
We'll be back below freezing for another night or two but then hoping spring will be here to stay.
Haven't even got but a few breeding pens set up yet. Did put a few eggs in the incubator few days ago just for a trial run.
I did then down on some birds last fall and lost some over the winter so need to take inventory and make some decisions what I want to focus on this year.

Bravo @The Moonshiner

I m really impressed .lovely chooks and gorgeous pattern .

Bravo for sharing all your hard work with us .
love working on new pattern .

chooks man
Thanks
It's like looking in a mirror but seeing a bunch of leghorns instead of marans huh.
You know as well as anyone the work involved but I don't like to talk about that. I mainly started this thread to show others that if I can do this that anyone can. You just some vision and a few different varieties to start working with.

Thanks
It's like looking in a mirror but seeing a bunch of leghorns instead of marans huh.
You know as well as anyone the work involved but I don't like to talk about that. I mainly started this thread to show others that if I can do this that anyone can. You just some vision and a few different varieties to start working with.

tel me about it .the work is ok when compared to the result .many gorgeous pattern and colour . yard full of colourful chooks .

what are you working on this spring ?

chooks man

Thanks

You are too modest! You make it look easy, but you have a much better understanding of how to do it "correctly".... or at least with specific goals in mind instead of just throwing colors together and seeing what happens. That does take more genetic understanding than some of us have. But showing that it can be done, I believe creates more interest to learn! (and shows the difficulties for those who aren't dedicated enough to make it happen!)

You are too modest! You make it look easy, but you have a much better understanding of how to do it "correctly".... or at least with specific goals in mind instead of just throwing colors together and seeing what happens. That does take more genetic understanding than some of us have. But showing that it can be done, I believe creates more interest to learn! (and shows the difficulties for those who aren't dedicated enough to make it happen!)
Lol you're too kind.
I hope what I do may get others interested. Whether its to learn or jump in and try some things for themselves. Or even just to persuade people leghorns aren't so bad.
It's pretty sweet to come up with an idea, breed some birds, wait wait wait, bred some more, wait wait wait some more, hatch 30 or 40 chicks and pop open that incubator one day and see that one chick that is what you had planned.
But it's also pretty sweet to see someone on here that is confused as hell then you type something out that just clicks for them and they say oh now I get it then they're off and running with an idea of their own.

Lol you're too kind.
I hope what I do may get others interested. Whether its to learn or jump in and try some things for themselves. Or even just to persuade people leghorns aren't so bad.
It's pretty sweet to come up with an idea, breed some birds, wait wait wait, bred some more, wait wait wait some more, hatch 30 or 40 chicks and pop open that incubator one day and see that one chick that is what you had planned.
But it's also pretty sweet to see someone on here that is confused as hell then you type something out that just clicks for them and they say oh now I get it then they're off and running with an idea of their own.
I'm still waiting for my click.
I just can't seem to find the time to learn genetics yet.

Back
Top Bottom