The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I really thought I lost my mind. Bruce embedded wicked's quote on one of my threads. I clicked the arrow and for 5 mins I wasn't in Kansas anymore..
To get home you click your heels three times and say "There's no place like Home"...Or just click the home button....

Or get a new computer, try to reload all the stuff you lost, find all of your links and photos, panic because they don't show up, reload from your backup, re-enter names and passwords for sites that mysteriously have forgotten who you are, listen to frustrated hubby cussing at a screen.....

Nah, the heel clicking is a much better solution! Good thinking!!

Good Morning Friends :hugs

Debby I am pleased you had a nice visit and dinner. Aaaaw, adorable pic of Opie!

BLOOIE!!! :hugs :clap

LOL Connie and Ron! :lau

For hubby’s birthday I bought him a computer which is going to be our dedicated media centre and yesterday we transferred my music collection [> 64,000 tracks, 226 Gig] off my external drive and in to the media centre so now we can all share it. I also now have more room on my drive for photos! Both my music and photos are also backed up to an additional drive in case of failure; I would hate to lose both.

Hubby said that he had a good birthday and it was topped off with the dinner and desert. Apparently, not only did I nail the Steak Diane [like his mum used to make], I nailed the Angel Food Cake too! Thank you for the recipe, tips and support! It must have been good because even FIL commented as opposed to the normal derisive grunt ;)

I should get extra credit on the Steak Diane because the gas stove ran out of gas during the cooking and I had to transfer everything downstairs and finish it off on the BBQ. Thank gawd it did not run out of gas during the baking of the Angel Food Cake :bow

Steak Diane 1 March 2018.jpg

I made a fresh raspberry syrup to pour over the Angel Food.

Angel Food 1 March 2018 A.jpg

Angel Food 1 March 2018.jpg

Angel Food 1 March 2018 B.jpg

Hubby has gone back to work today [Friday] and I am hoping to get the lawns mowed. It is still very wet out there but the future forecast indicates that today is probably going to be my only chance for a while. Some weather sites are predicting a ‘significant weather event’ next week …

Prepare for a potential major record flood which is forecast to impact the area during the next 5 days. It could rival anything during the past 44 years (since the 1974 flood). It may also be so significant that nothing has ever been experienced like it in this state. Widespread rainfalls total of 200 to 400mm is likely with up to 500mm possible. [7 to 15 inches and up to 19 inches]

Debby I am pleased you had a nice visit and dinner. Aaaaw, adorable pic of Opie!

For hubby’s birthday I bought him a computer which is going to be our dedicated media centre and yesterday we transferred my music collection [> 64,000 tracks, 226 Gig] off my external drive and in to the media centre so now we can all share it. I also now have more room on my drive for photos! Both my music and photos are also backed up to an additional drive in case of failure; I would hate to lose both.

Hubby said that he had a good birthday and it was topped off with the dinner and desert. Apparently, not only did I nail the Steak Diane [like his mum used to make], I nailed the Angel Food Cake too! Thank you for the recipe, tips and support! It must have been good because even FIL commented as opposed to the normal derisive grunt ;)

I should get extra credit on the Steak Diane because the gas stove ran out of gas during the cooking and I had to transfer everything downstairs and finish it off on the BBQ. Thank gawd it did not run out of gas during the baking of the Angel Food Cake :bow

View attachment 1280099

View attachment 1280100

View attachment 1280101

View attachment 1280102

Hubby has gone back to work today [Friday] and I am hoping to get the lawns mowed. It is still very wet out there but the future forecast indicates that today is probably going to be my only chance for a while. Some weather sites are predicting a ‘significant weather event’ next week …

Prepare for a potential major record flood which is forecast to impact the area during the next 5 days. It could rival anything during the past 44 years (since the 1974 flood). It may also be so significant that nothing has ever been experienced like it in this state. Widespread rainfalls total of 200 to 400mm is likely with up to 500mm possible. [7 to 15 inches and up to 19 inches]
Bravo.gif

Fantastic Job!

View attachment 1280099

View attachment 1280100

View attachment 1280101

View attachment 1280102

Looks awesome!!

Glad you finally nailed the Steak Diane! What was the secret recipe/missing piece? And the angel food cake looks delicious!

And I love how dramatic your weather service is :lau

Here they are very robotic. X chance for x amount of rain etc. Or on the cable news sometines they're like possible record rain, heat, etc., moght break the record since x year etc., but they're not like a TV narrator/movie ad, so significant that nothing like it had ever been experienced before. The man barely survived. :p

Or

Prepare for the most epic storm you have ever imagined...

Australian Monsoon season. Coming to you March 2018...

Sorry, I'm done now lol

It doesn't translate as well online but I am picturing it in one of those epic narrator voices

:lau

Sorry.

In all seriousness, stay safe!!! That is a POOP TON of rain!! Geez!!!!

Back
Top Bottom