The Old Folks Home

My day got a derailment this morning. My neighbor (the one who had a heart attack last December) called to let me know that her husband had fallen. (They're both in their 70s.) He might have broken his hip...? So I went over, and they decided to call for an ambulance to take him to the hospital.

I directed the emergency traffic to their house. Her sister came to take her to the hospital, as she doesn't drive any more since her heart attack.

The latest news is that his hip is NOT broken! X-ray says no, they're going to do a CT scan too.

My day got a derailment this morning. My neighbor (the one who had a heart attack last December) called to let me know that her husband had fallen. (They're both in their 70s.) He might have broken his hip...? So I went over, and they decided to call for an ambulance to take him to the hospital.

I directed the emergency traffic to their house. Her sister came to take her to the hospital, as she doesn't drive any more since her heart attack.

The latest news is that his hip is NOT broken! X-ray says no, they're going to do a CT scan too.
I hope he gets better soon!

This is one of my worst fears of falling now. No falls since last December that I can remember but there was about one a month before then. One resulted in broken ribs and the other fall made them worse. I'm really glad he didn't break his hips. If I fall again it may be broken hips. The upside to that is at least I get new ones for the wore out ones I have now. Bone on bone for the last year at least. My doc told me to get my joint replacements done before I turn 80. I'm running out of time to get them all fixed up.

Well, crap. The CT scan did show a break in my neighbor's hip. He gets a partial hip replacement today.

I hate to say it, but I think the writing is on the wall. They may have to move somewhere less remote, closer to where their kids/family are available. Somewhere where there are not so many stairs and so much to care for outside.

The outside stuff is the joy of living out here.

Back
Top Bottom