The Old Folks Home

I'm dealing with pool issues. Everything was perfect in it, then the salt level got low. Normally Dh pops a bag of salt in the pool, then if it's not enough, he'll add more. This time, he said it indicated he needed 3 bags of salt, so he put 3 bags of salt in. When I found out what he'd done, I was ready to scream.

For 2 days, I drained off some water, then refilled with fresh. You NEVER drain too much from a pool in Florida, unless you put a pump under it, to drain the water underneath. They'll pop up out of the ground. Remember, Florida is as close to sea level as you can get, so if you dig a hole a few feet down, water will flood in. That's why we have so many shallow wells here.

Anyway, I needed to drain about 1/3 of the pool, at about 8 inches at a time, then fill it back up, with the hose, drain, repeat. It's slow going to refill when that much water is involved. Late last night, I was getting close to my goal. I was going to be up late anyway, so I decided to give it one more go-around, with the draining, and filling, so I'd be done with it.

The water going to the hose, comes from the iron filter, so we are not getting iron water, and rust stains on everything. I FORGOT about the iron filter backwashing, starting at midnight. Yes, I got the salt back in range, BUT the iron filter backwashed the iron it had collected, into the pool. It was not apparent at the time, but by this morning, the iron making contact with the chlorine, turned the pool a brownish green.

It's not that hard to deal with, and it takes time to clear it all up (2-3 days depending), BUT when Dh saw the brownish-green water in the pool, he flipped out. It all suddenly became my screw up. I got him calmed down some, but reminded him that it was HIS screw up, not mine that got us into this entire mess to begin with. I reminded him, I got HIS mess straightened out, now I'll get mine fixed too. In a few days, everything should be back to normal.

I'm dealing with pool issues. Everything was perfect in it, then the salt level got low. Normally Dh pops a bag of salt in the pool, then if it's not enough, he'll add more. This time, he said it indicated he needed 3 bags of salt, so he put 3 bags of salt in. When I found out what he'd done, I was ready to scream.

For 2 days, I drained off some water, then refilled with fresh. You NEVER drain too much from a pool in Florida, unless you put a pump under it, to drain the water underneath. They'll pop up out of the ground. Remember, Florida is as close to sea level as you can get, so if you dig a hole a few feet down, water will flood in. That's why we have so many shallow wells here.

Anyway, I needed to drain about 1/3 of the pool, at about 8 inches at a time, then fill it back up, with the hose, drain, repeat. It's slow going to refill when that much water is involved. Late last night, I was getting close to my goal. I was going to be up late anyway, so I decided to give it one more go-around, with the draining, and filling, so I'd be done with it.

The water going to the hose, comes from the iron filter, so we are not getting iron water, and rust stains on everything. I FORGOT about the iron filter backwashing, starting at midnight. Yes, I got the salt back in range, BUT the iron filter backwashed the iron it had collected, into the pool. It was not apparent at the time, but by this morning, the iron making contact with the chlorine, turned the pool a brownish green.

It's not that hard to deal with, and it takes time to clear it all up (2-3 days depending), BUT when Dh saw the brownish-green water in the pool, he flipped out. It all suddenly became my screw up. I got him calmed down some, but reminded him that it was HIS screw up, not mine that got us into this entire mess to begin with. I reminded him, I got HIS mess straightened out, now I'll get mine fixed too. In a few days, everything should be back to normal.
At least you know you are brilliant. :clap

Wow Clue never lived down that way.
Never had a pool think that is the flip side.
Made it back from Mammogram this morning.
They lie when they say it kinder now!
Don't all docs lie?

Every time I get that shot in my eye, the doc says "you will now feel a little pressure" #$%#÷!!!!

NOT what I feel!

That does sound like an adventure!

I can vouch for the shallow wells in FL. My dad drilled many of them as a sideline job. I drove many a foot of well casing when in high school. No power equipment. Just arms and legs and back muscles.

Back
Top Bottom