Also, I am surprised to read your family wouldn't eat the chicken Trim!
Maybe you just need a lesson in Southern Fried 😛 not many people can resist!!
I don't want to sound snobbish, but I rarely eat fried foods. When you've cooked/served as many enlarged butts and heart attacks as I have. You reconsider what your willing to eat. I hated working in the hospitality industry. Most people are gluttons.

That being said, I'll eat anyone's grandma's fried chicken. Every body knows, you can beat grandma's chicken. ;)

I tend to avoid the f word. Atleast our little lambs had a very loved life. Todays been interesting. Found our first snake of summer this morning. A grey eastern brown. It left the chickens traumatized. And its last day of holidays for the 2 bigger kids. I'm shocked I have 2 in school as of tomorrow
Well holy schnitzel said the American. Do you have to deal with eastern brown snakes often? Are they inherently aggressive?

Last edited:
Get a dog whistle, and a 12in long section of 1in PVC. Put the dog whistle in your mouth, the PVC over the dog whistle, point at the hawk, and blow. If that doesn't work, replace the dog whistle with a bottle rocket. ;)

I shoot the trunk of the tree it's perched in if I can. Even with a 22lr it's enough vibration to scare the hawk most times

Good Morning! I can’t even get my birds to enjoy the top part of their fencing right now I go up with them they forage for about 10 min line up single file (runners) an head on back down. So open up there now. With the leaves gone and that huge tree not there any longer I guess:idunno how are you and yours boys today Chris?

One of the 55F died last night. :(
I've been placing them on the perch every night, and last night they where on it so I didn't stop and check. It looks like the one didn't make it to the perch and it was pretty cold last night. The actual sleeping area has windbreaks, but the lower portion does not. I think it might have just got too cold.

Last edited:
Good Morning! I can’t even get my birds to enjoy the top part of their fencing right now I go up with them they forage for about 10 min line up single file (runners) an head on back down. So open up there now. With the leaves gone and that huge tree not there any longer I guess:idunno how are you and yours boys today Chris?
We are all sick. Nobody is going to school today, and will probably kill a half a box of kleenexes by lunch time. I love being a dad and all, I was aware of the sicknesses involved with public schools, I just didn't realize it was going to turn my kid into a walking petri dish. Here this whole time I thought I never got sick cuz I had a great immune system, apparently I was just great at staying away from stuff that made me sick. :th

Back
Top Bottom