Fine Fine! Took some this morning when I fed them! They are nice and active and alert.

See what I mean about the mallard one looking like a not-Call?

View attachment 3935394

View attachment 3935395

View attachment 3935397

View attachment 3935398

In that last pic, no his foot isn't twisted it's just the way he was standing at that particular time.
Looks like a juvenile grey drake to me. I think it's a call, just pet quality. And drakes tend to be on the larger side.

Looks like a juvenile grey drake to me. I think it's a call, just pet quality. And drakes tend to be on the larger side.
Thanks! My other adult gray drake is about the same size as the girls, and these two are roughly the same size too. This one is definitely a drake, finally started rasping!

Yesterday was a Poultry and Small Animal sale not far away (okay, an hour, but everything is that far from here!). I brought 10 or 11 ducks (I honestly can't remember now!) and an OEGB cockerel, and sold three scovies and the cockerel within minutes. I had pre-arranged a trade of a Magpie mix duck for a pure Magpie drake, so that was done too.

The remaining ducks stayed in their sales pen the whole morning. The sale ended at noon, and by 11:30 the place was near deserted. Guy came over and we made a deal: He took my remaining ducks, and I got four black cochin banties (three hens and a roo) and two calls in exchange. Heck, they eat less than ducks!

I also could not resist getting two Rex bunnies, and two new scovies: a self-blue drake and a self-black duck.

Here are some pics! That blue drake is so beautiful! Too bad that one shot is a bit blurry, but you can see his graceful neck and head. He looks like a swan!
20240909_140603.jpg

20240909_140615.jpg

The Calls:

20240909_140808.jpg

And just because, the bunnies!

20240909_094827.jpg

20240909_094831.jpg

Yesterday was a Poultry and Small Animal sale not far away (okay, an hour, but everything is that far from here!). I brought 10 or 11 ducks (I honestly can't remember now!) and an OEGB cockerel, and sold three scovies and the cockerel within minutes. I had pre-arranged a trade of a Magpie mix duck for a pure Magpie drake, so that was done too.

The remaining ducks stayed in their sales pen the whole morning. The sale ended at noon, and by 11:30 the place was near deserted. Guy came over and we made a deal: He took my remaining ducks, and I got four black cochin banties (three hens and a roo) and two calls in exchange. Heck, they eat less than ducks!

I also could not resist getting two Rex bunnies, and two new scovies: a self-blue drake and a self-black duck.

Here are some pics! That blue drake is so beautiful! Too bad that one shot is a bit blurry, but you can see his graceful neck and head. He looks like a swan!
View attachment 3939982

View attachment 3939985

The Calls:

View attachment 3939986

View attachment 3939991
View attachment 3939993
Such pretty Ducks and Bunnies!!! Are the Calls both drakes? The bill colors look to be but that is not always accurate.

View attachment 3939982

View attachment 3939985

The Calls:

View attachment 3939986

View attachment 3939991
View attachment 3939993
wow 🤩 i wish i had a place like that only one hour away! ( I probably do actually just have to look) they are all beautiful

Ordered 10 Welsh harlequin eggs for March delivery from the Italian company. It's going to be a long wait. They only ship in spring and summer but presumably have really great genetics.

Our young Campbell ducks seem to have given up the all night blah blah sessions and today they came out of their house without being enticed by peas (we ran out). Also, all the young drakes got bought with only the one we intend to keep remaining. So much progress :)

Ordered 10 Welsh harlequin eggs for March delivery from the Italian company. It's going to be a long wait. They only ship in spring and summer but presumably have really great genetics.

Our young Campbell ducks seem to have given up the all night blah blah sessions and today they came out of their house without being enticed by peas (we ran out). Also, all the young drakes got bought with only the one we intend to keep remaining. So much progress :)
oh oh i LOVE welsh harlies . one of mine passed away yesterday at 8 1/2 years old. I posted a memory thread here https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/in-memory-of-cookie-🍪.1640287/post-28017215

Back
Top Bottom