~The Threat of The Shadows~ A Warrior Cat RP

LoveMyChickenBabies

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Sep 11, 2018
Kansas USA
A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

2) No one will be excluded (banned, kicked out, etc) from the role plays except by BYC Staff.

3) While we expect that the originators of the game will set the tone and theme for the game, they are not moderators and will not act or represent themselves as such.

4) Role Plays and games are not owned by role play originators and are not to be claimed as such.

5) You agree not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't. If your role play has copyrighted images, you need to remove them.

6) Do not post violent, gory or murderous games. they will be closed without warning.

7) We realize this is strict, but BYC is a place for all ages to come and learn about chickens. We want everyone to feel safe here. If these rules are too restrictive, there are places on the internet where free-for-all games are allowed.

Prologue

Goldenstar (Reserved for me) stepped into the medicine den. The medicine cat had said they wanted to speak with her. “I’m here, what do you want to talk about?” She mewed, getting straight to the point. The medicine cat looked up at her. “I’ve received a prophecy.” it said with a far away look. “Well?” Goldenstar was getting impatient. “Right, sorry.” The medicine cat dipped its head.

“The Shadows grow closer
They are a threat to us all
They become stronger and more hungry each passing sun-rise
The one of the Sky is our only hope
We must come together to save the Clans”
Goldenstar nodded and left the den, going back to her den to think things over.

A few moons later
A young kit was curled up against his mother, suckling happily. He fell asleep, his belly full and his body warm. When he opened his eyes again, he was in a lush green meadow. “Where am I?” The kit squeaked, afraid. “Where is my mother, and my littermates?” A she-cat walked up to him. “Hush little one, everything is fine. You’re just dreaming. I have a message for you. You will save the Clans. You must set your paws on the path of a warrior and I will come to you again when it is time. Farewell.” The meadow and the she-cat faded away and he woke up, blinking the sleep from his eyes. From this moment forward, the he-kit knew he was special and that he couldn’t tell anyone.

***​

Information

Clans
ThunderClan: Lives in thick undergrowth and lots of trees. They are known for being honorable, brave and attacking with brute force. (ALL CATS WILL BE IN THIS CLAN)
RiverClan: Large rivers and reed beds fill their territory. They are known for being courageous strong. They hunt in the river for their prey and learn to swim as a kits.
ShadowClan: Little undergrowth, pine forests, and swaps fill their territory. They are known for being sneaky, proud, and wily. They are good at hiding in the shadows and using the shadows as an advantage
WindClan: An open moor is what their territory is. They mainly hunt rabbits and are known for being fast, agile, and strong.

(They are in the old territories, before they moved to the lake)

Ranks
Leader - They speak for the Clan at Gatherings and call for Clan meetings. They keep things in order and their word is law. (One per Clan)
Deputy - Second-in-command. If the leader is sick or hurt, they assume their responsibilities. If the leader dies, then they become the new leader. They help advise the leader on certain decisions (One per Clan)
Medicine cat - Kind of like a doctor, but instead of pills, they use herbs and roots. They talk to StarClan and advise the leader on certain decisions. They never fight in battles (One per Clan)
Medicine cat apprentice - A cat training to be a medicine cat (One per Clan)
Warrior - They hunt and fight for their Clan. They are loyal and follow the warrior code (Lots per Clan)
Warrior apprentice - A cat in training to be a warrior (Few per Clan)
Queen - A she-cat that has or is expecting kits (Few per Clan)
Kit - Any cat younger than 6 moons (Few per Clan)
Elder - A retired warrior, leader, or medicine cat that has served their Clan for many seasons. (Few per Clan)

***​

Warrior Cats are feral cats. They live in the wild. The cats separate themselves into different groups, called Clans. Each cat pledges to be loyal to his or her own clan. Each clan defends its territory from the other clan(s). In a clan, there are different types of cats that have different jobs. There is a clan medicine cat, a clan leader, a clan deputy (who is second in command), Warriors (which most cats become. They hunt and fight and all that. Other cats do to, but warriors make up the bulk of the clan) Then there’s Queens, which are mother cats who are taking a pause in their warrior duties because they have/are going to have kits. Elders are cats who have grown too old to fight and hunt retire and join the other elders. They are honored and cared for by the clan. There's also apprentices. After a kit reaches 6 moons, it becomes an apprentice. Most are called to be a warrior apprentice, which means they are mentored by a warrior. Sometimes a kit will be mentored by the medicine cat. Then the kit becomes a medicine cat apprentice. A medicine cat is the clan doctor. They also communicate with Starclan, the deceased ancestors of the clan cats. Starclan is basically cat heaven.

Thanks @PollyGirl21 for the explanation

***​

Form:

Name:
Personality:
Physical Description:
Mentor:
Apprentice:
Mother:
Father:
Mate/Crush:
History:
Other:

My Rules
  1. No character or personality stealing
  2. Don’t kill anyone else's character without the owner of the characters permission
  3. Keep it PG. We don’t need gory details or anything like that
  4. Characters must be accepted by me or the co-roplayer before you rp them
  5. No cursing
What I need:

I need a co-roplayer to accept characters and other things like that while I’m offline/busy (Taken)
I need someone to create the archives/character list

Have fun rping!!

This is the first rp I've ever made, so tell me if anything is missing and I'll add it! Any feedback is appreciated!

Chat Thread link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-threat-of-the-shadows-chat-thread.1303669/

@ladybugchickenfarms @BuffOrps32 @PollyGirl21 @RiverStorm @Frost bite88 @Butterscotchbitesfinger

Last edited:
Name: Goldenstar
Personality: Protective and likes to keep things in order
Physical Description:
IMG_9762.JPG
Mentor: N/A
Apprentice: N/A
Mother: Dead
Father: Dead
Mate/Crush: Open
History: N/A
Other: Has 9 lives

Name: Sunpaw
Personality: Happy, protective, very loyal
Physical Description: Calico with bright yellow eyes and a short tail
Mentor: Bluefrost
Apprentice:N/A
Mother: Open
Father: Open
History: N/A
Other: N/A

Last edited:
A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

2) No one will be excluded (banned, kicked out, etc) from the role plays except by BYC Staff.

3) While we expect that the originators of the game will set the tone and theme for the game, they are not moderators and will not act or represent themselves as such.

4) Role Plays and games are not owned by role play originators and are not to be claimed as such.

5) You agree not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't. If your role play has copyrighted images, you need to remove them.

6) Do not post violent, gory or murderous games. they will be closed without warning.

7) We realize this is strict, but BYC is a place for all ages to come and learn about chickens. We want everyone to feel safe here. If these rules are too restrictive, there are places on the internet where free-for-all games are allowed.

Prologue

Goldenstar (Reserved for me) stepped into the medicine den. The medicine cat had said they wanted to speak with her. “I’m here, what do you want to talk about?” She mewed, getting straight to the point. The medicine cat looked up at her. “I’ve received a prophecy.” it said with a far away look. “Well?” Goldenstar was getting impatient. “Right, sorry.” The medicine cat dipped its head.

“The Shadows grow closer
They are a threat to us all
They become stronger and more hungry each passing sun-rise
The one of the Sky is our only hope
We must come together to save the Clans”
Goldenstar nodded and left the den, going back to her den to think things over.

A few moons later
A young kit was curled up against his mother, suckling happily. He fell asleep, his belly full and his body warm. When he opened his eyes again, he was in a lush green meadow. “Where am I?” The kit squeaked, afraid. “Where is my mother, and my littermates?” A she-cat walked up to him. “Hush little one, everything is fine. You’re just dreaming. I have a message for you. You will save the Clans. You must set your paws on the path of a warrior and I will come to you again when it is time. Farewell.” The meadow and the she-cat faded away and he woke up, blinking the sleep from his eyes. From this moment forward, the he-kit knew he was special and that he couldn’t tell anyone.

***​

Information

Clans
ThunderClan: Lives in thick undergrowth and lots of trees. They are known for being honorable, brave and attacking with brute force. (ALL CATS WILL BE IN THIS CLAN)
RiverClan: Large rivers and reed beds fill their territory. They are known for being courageous strong. They hunt in the river for their prey and learn to swim as a kits.
ShadowClan: Little undergrowth, pine forests, and swaps fill their territory. They are known for being sneaky, proud, and wily. They are good at hiding in the shadows and using the shadows as an advantage
WindClan: An open moor is what their territory is. They mainly hunt rabbits and are known for being fast, agile, and strong.

(They are in the old territories, before they moved to the lake)

Ranks
Leader - They speak for the Clan at Gatherings and call for Clan meetings. They keep things in order and their word is law. (One per Clan)
Deputy - Second-in-command. If the leader is sick or hurt, they assume their responsibilities. If the leader dies, then they become the new leader. They help advise the leader on certain decisions (One per Clan)
Medicine cat - Kind of like a doctor, but instead of pills, they use herbs and roots. They talk to StarClan and advise the leader on certain decisions. They never fight in battles (One per Clan)
Medicine cat apprentice - A cat training to be a medicine cat (One per Clan)
Warrior - They hunt and fight for their Clan. They are loyal and follow the warrior code (Lots per Clan)
Warrior apprentice - A cat in training to be a warrior (Few per Clan)
Queen - A she-cat that has or is expecting kits (Few per Clan)
Kit - Any cat younger than 6 moons (Few per Clan)
Elder - A retired warrior, leader, or medicine cat that has served their Clan for many seasons. (Few per Clan)

***​

Warrior Cats are feral cats. They live in the wild. The cats separate themselves into different groups, called Clans. Each cat pledges to be loyal to his or her own clan. Each clan defends its territory from the other clan(s). In a clan, there are different types of cats that have different jobs. There is a clan medicine cat, a clan leader, a clan deputy (who is second in command), Warriors (which most cats become. They hunt and fight and all that. Other cats do to, but warriors make up the bulk of the clan) Then there’s Queens, which are mother cats who are taking a pause in their warrior duties because they have/are going to have kits. Elders are cats who have grown too old to fight and hunt retire and join the other elders. They are honored and cared for by the clan. There's also apprentices. After a kit reaches 6 moons, it becomes an apprentice. Most are called to be a warrior apprentice, which means they are mentored by a warrior. Sometimes a kit will be mentored by the medicine cat. Then the kit becomes a medicine cat apprentice. A medicine cat is the clan doctor. They also communicate with Starclan, the deceased ancestors of the clan cats. Starclan is basically cat heaven.

Thanks @PollyGirl21 for the explanation

***​

Form:

Name:
Personality:
Physical Description:
Mentor:
Apprentice:
Mother:
Father:
Mate/Crush:
History:
Other:

My Rules
  1. No character or personality stealing
  2. Don’t kill anyone else's character without the owner of the characters permission
  3. Keep it PG. We don’t need gory details or anything like that
  4. Characters must be accepted by me or the co-roplayer before you rp them
  5. No cursing
What I need:

I need a co-roplayer to accept characters and other things like that while I’m offline/busy @ladybugchickenfarms will you do it?
I need someone to create the archives/character list

Have fun rping!!

This is the first rp I've ever made, so tell me if anything is missing and I'll add it! Any feedback is appreciated!

@ladybugchickenfarms @BuffOrps32 @PollyGirl21 @RiverStorm @Frost bite88 @Butterscotchbitesfinger
(Sure! I’d be happy to do it.)

Name: Hickoryshade
Personality: Loves being in a Clan, self-doubting, loyal, rest to be developed or roleplayed (mostly because that's all I got for now :p)
Physical Description: Brown with black paws, black-tipped ears, and a black-tipped tail, slightly darker brown stripes across his body
Mentor: None
Apprentice: None yet
Father: Rogue/Dead
History: Really just a normal Clan cat except for his parentage. His mother died of sickness and his father is a rogue. He never met his father but knew his mother for a little until she died when he was newly apprenticed.
Other: I think that's it

Last edited:
Name: Hickoryshade
Personality: Loves being in a Clan, self-doubting, loyal, rest to be developed or role-played (mostly because that's all I got for now :p)
Physical Description:
Mentor: None
Apprentice: None yet
Father: Rogue/Dead
History: Really just a normal Clan cat except for his parentage. His mother died of sickness and his father is a rogue. He never met his father but knew his mother for a little until she died when he was newly apprenticed.
Other: I think that's it
Accepted!

Back
Top Bottom