The Wally-Gee Bee Journey šŸ

Most of the brood usually is centered with the cluster keeping it warm. I take a frame of foundation from the outside and place it left and right of the center most of the cluster. They will not leave brood and start to draw out comb quickly for centered laying space for the queen keeping the brood centered and easier to tend and keep warm. Not a good practice if night temps drop. I like a consistent 50 Degrees and above for this. It has also worked for me during derth with syrup feeding but not as fast. The Queen maybe the Queen but comb is KING!! :old
I did some checkerboarding as well to get those pesky outside deep frames drawn out. I have zero drawn comb on my medium frames, so itā€™s all a fresh start up top. One box has a queen excluder and the other does not. Not intentional, but one was all I had. Iā€™m very curious about the outcome of this setup. Brood in the super? Comb drawn out quicker? We shall see.

I did some checkerboarding as well to get those pesky outside deep frames drawn out. I have zero drawn comb on my medium frames, so itā€™s all a fresh start up top. One box has a queen excluder and the other does not. Not intentional, but one was all I had. Iā€™m very curious about the outcome of this setup. Brood in the super? Comb drawn out quicker? We shall see.
I have plenty of medium comb, but as you said those out side deeps are always the last slowest draw, so we push 'em with checker boarding. They'll need those deeps for their winter stores.

Back
Top Bottom