The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I am proud to announce our new Secretary/Show Manager is now on board with WCNA! Her name is Trisha Dusil and let's give her a LOUD welcome!

Glad she will be able to do some of the stuff that I have been doing....if you got shows coming up, dates, inputs or whatever you like to have on the newsletter, be sure to hit her up for information!

Welcome Trisha!

i understand this question probably gets asked often, however, I do not see where it's been asked recently.

does anyone know where i can get quality welsummer day old chicks? by quality, i mean, good examples of the breed. and i like 'em big.

my beautiful roo just got killed by random dogs passing through.

i've been looking on my own, and it's a tough search. so, i thought i'd pose the question here.

thanks for your time.

eta: i also like those wonderful dark, speckled eggs. :)

Last edited:
i understand this question probably gets asked often, however, I do not see where it's been asked recently.

does anyone know where i can get quality welsummer day old chicks?  by quality, i mean, good examples of the breed.  and i like 'em big.

my beautiful roo just got killed by random dogs passing through. 

i've been looking on my own, and it's a tough search.  so, i thought i'd pose the question here.

thanks for your time.

eta:  i also like those wonderful dark, speckled eggs.  :)

Check with Trish Dusil (FlashPointFarm).

BTW, Congrats, Trish

then set of the tail is off on the hen in the second picture. It could just be an off position for her, but her tail should be upright, not downward

I think it was just the position she was in when I snapped the pic as normally they are all tails up. Thanks for mentioning it tho, another thing to watch for when I'm out there. I know it's going to take time for me to learn all the little things that make for a good looking bird. Hard to know when there is no one around here that I can learn from.

Thanks, Jim!

I'll have chicks available in the Spring. At the moment, I have 5 orders to fill either this year before it gets too cold, or next Spring. And my girls are molting pretty hard (and I cull for this) so it's going to be a while before I can even fill my paid orders. I'm getting one, very dark egg per day at the moment from the one breeding pen. Paid orders gets you on the waiting list. And I do AI so eggs from my show hens are included in the batches I ship out.

I do ship started birds, but be prepared to spend around $100, at least, to get the bird to you.

Any other questions, feel free to message me here, or you can email me directly at tdusil at iowatelecom dot net.

Trish

I just recently (yesterday) hatched out 1 wellie among other breeds... I remember reading somewhere that you can generally sex them by looking at the V on their head or the "eyeliner" around their eyes... I'm really curious to find out what it is... any suggestions
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom