Things you wish you could say

I can figure out which boys carry my celadon line.

Unfortunately, they came in all different colours and I don't have any way of telling who is who. My celadon line is gone. They came in pharaoh, silver, grau fee and rosetta. Rosetta and pharaoh celadons are pretty common, but silver and grau fee are quite rare.

Unfortunately, they came in all different colours and I don't have any way of telling who is who. My celadon line is gone. They came in pharaoh, silver, grau fee and rosetta. Rosetta and pharaoh celadons are pretty common, but silver and grau fee are quite rare.

From the way you say it, I am guessing that "lots of test mating" is not a practical solution?

From the way you say it, I am guessing that "lots of test mating" is not a practical solution?
Considering that I have about 50-60 birds left and only about 7 of them were celadon, it would take years. I have four celadon eggs in the incubator, so if I watch carefully to find out which hens are laying celadon, I might be able to continue if I hatch a male. I'm hoping, but still prepared for the worst. 🤞

It's still early in the season, so I'm not sure if the eggs are even fertile. I set 100 eggs (all carefully labeled so I knew which pen they came from) the day before the vandalism to do a fertility test of all of my pens, so there is hope.

Considering that I have about 50-60 birds left and only about 7 of them were celadon, it would take years. I have four celadon eggs in the incubator, so if I watch carefully to find out which hens are laying celadon, I might be able to continue if I hatch a male. I'm hoping, but still prepared for the worst. 🤞

It's still early in the season, so I'm not sure if the eggs are even fertile. I set 100 eggs (all carefully labeled so I knew which pen they came from) the day before the vandalism to do a fertility test of all of my pens, so there is hope.

Celadon is a recessive gene in quail, right?

If you have any hens that lay celadon, you could presumably mate them with normal males, hatch split-for-celadon chicks, then use some of those males with the celadon hens to get more celadons. It would take several generations to get back to true-breeding celadons, but may at least be possible. And if got lucky and mated the celadon hens with one of the celadon males, you would know that when the daughters started to lay colored eggs.

As I think about it a bit more, it sounds like a big nuisance any way you try to do it :(

I wish I could say that I understood any of that.

Stop making excuses for why you can't streamline your process flows. Instead, let's have an open, meaningful discussion about what is preventing you from being able to make those changes and how we can help. Adding a blanket 6 weeks to every project for your testing regimen is unnecessary and painful. Help us help you, or we'll just replace your team with better processes.

Up to you, but be warned, I have already proven I can replace you with 50 lines of automation code.

Stop making excuses for why you can't streamline your process flows. Instead, let's have an open, meaningful discussion about what is preventing you from being able to make those changes and how we can help. Adding a blanket 6 weeks to every project for your testing regimen is unnecessary and painful. Help us help you, or we'll just replace your team with better processes.

Up to you, but be warned, I have already proven I can replace you with 50 lines of automation code.
Write 50 lines and pink slip em. Show no mercy.

Back
Top Bottom