Those Who Crochet - Can you help me please....

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
I am very new to crocheting, and I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what this is saying. Can someone tell me in regular terms what it is they are saying? Thanks!!

Ch 10 Round 1: sc in second ch from hook. Sc in next 7 ch.. 5 sc in last ch

Your CH 10 is your starting chain,
you're going to turn, skip the first chain, and make a single in the next.
you're going to then make one single chain in each of the next 7 stitches (from your starting 10) and in the last chain you will make 5 single chains in that one stitch.

does that help?

its too bad you didn't have someone there to show you, I learned when I was 7 years old from my grandma, and my mother was an amazing at crocheting and knitting, so I learned a lot.
I was looking on you-tube and found a bunch of crochet videos...
here is one, might help you out.

So when you say in the last chain you will make 5 single chains in that one stitch, does that mean I make 5 sc like my starting 10?? Does that make sense??

Quote:
You will make those 5 in the last chain (the first one you made in your chain 10) you're not making another chain on that end - all 5 are going to be worked into that one chain. (it might get pretty tight to squeeze them in)
Hook in, pull up a loop - yarn over, pull through, hook back into same stitch, pull up a loop, yarn over pull through the two on hook - and keep going till you make 5 in that same stitch.

What are you making? SOunds like you're going to go around the starting chain and work along the bottom edge next? Might be a little confusing - you need to get a picture in your head of what you're going to be doing - makes it easier.

Last edited:
no, it says 5 sc in last chain, or last hole.
single crochet is what that means, the video shows a double crochet, that is wraping the yarn around the hook 1 time, pull through 2, then pull through 2
single crochet you don't wrap around, and when you poke the hook through the hole, you are pulling a loop so you see 2 loops on your hook, then pull yarn through both loops at one time.

I am new to crochet too. It will take awhile to have it click. Join us at the BYC Crochet club (see link in my sig) and you will get lots of help there too.
lol.png
(You don't have to be in the swaps, we just like having fun there.)

It looks like you got your help. My great grandma taught me years ago and I still only remember a few stitches and if I had to read instructions for something I would be lost.

Back
Top Bottom