To all you gun hunters out there......

Quote:
Yup they been playin it here too. I always get a kick out of it
lol.png

Connecticut starts tomorrow!! I went out for crop damage to put supper on the table but, now am hoping to get out there from some sporting fun!! The DH got one with the bow last weekend and I have it in the dryer now for jerky................ummmm smells soo good!!

Quote:
lol.png

Wow! They play that in Arkansas? I just thought it was a Michigan song, right up there with Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

Quote:
lol.png

Wow! They play that in Arkansas? I just thought it was a Michigan song, right up there with Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

we dont' get the first part you posted about movin up north, and the Packers, here it starts off with the "yeah I'm a deer hunter" line but the rest is the same

November is full of local music since the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in November too.

So ...

"Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot

"Turdy Point Buck"
"Second Week at Deer Camp" both by Da Yoopers

"Live to the Fang and Claw"
"Spirit of the Wild"
"Fred Bear" all by Ted Nugent (or Uncle Ted as he's called here--hey the Southerners have General Lee!)

Quote:
and some of us have great great (I don't know how many) gpa Gen lee, and have met Uncle Ted at the Whiplash Bash in '96 while trying out a repeating bow
smile.png
Didn't realize the ugly dood was him till he moseyed up and started talking to dad. Dad knew who he was (long story, knows a friend of a friend) and I was like DAD, thats TEDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dad said well yeah, this is his gig, who you think put this on?

Fred Bear is a staple in november.. and every time I think of my X wife it's stranglehold.

LOL

My husband is a musician, he's played bass in a number of rock bands and polka bands in Michigan. He's met Ted Nugent before at a party. He's also met Ozzy, Jimmy Page, jammed with Rush and probably more than what he's told me about.

When I was a teenager, I almost got run over by Ted Nugent in Salem TWP near Ann Arbor when I was riding a horse along a country road. Jerk didn't even slow down. When I mentioned it to some of the other boarders, they said, "Oh, yeah, you'll see him every so often. He's got friends out here or something."

Ted Nugent usually provides my road trip music when I go compete with my horse since I'm usually driving through various National Forests. It's a great experience, just you and your horse driving through the Hiawatha National Forest while hearing "Live to the Fang and Claw" or "Spirit of the Wild."

Quote:
th.gif

He insists the only reason he's ever been able to jam with Rush is because he knew them BEFORE they became famous. It was up at the Soo.

I get a chuckle when I think about the Jimmy Page/Ozzy story. He met both in Battle Creek. He was playing at a hotel where both Ozzy on his solo project in the 80s and Page with the Firm were staying. Our nanny when DD was a baby was a college friend of mine. She loves Ozzy's music. I told her to ask DH about his Ozzy story. She got back with me raging "That was the dumbest story I ever heard! All he did was talk about Jimmy Page!"

"Oh, yeah, he met him that night too."

DH apparently was quite a good bass player back in the late 70s through early 90s. He's played hard rock, Top 40, polka and country. He was offered a job as a studio musician in Nashville but he was married to wife #1 then. He was also a DJ at 103.1 FM in Gladwin for a stretch.

He'd like get back into music, but wants to stay away from the drugs and alcohol so he hasn't pursued it much.

Anytime I ever hear any bass player jokes I always have to pass them along to him
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom