Totally confused

Barb Schuetz

Songster
12 Years
May 24, 2007
Viroqua, WI
I was told this is a cochin and I was thinking golden laced, but it obviously isn't laced and looks different than my other cochins. Any ideas?

chicks065-1.jpg

Last edited:
I looked at the partridge cochins on feathersite and the feathers don't quite look alike. Also, I forgot to mention that it doesn't act like my other cochins either. It's very friendly where my others are VERY skittish and flighty. I've had the other ones longer and have tried holding them and giving lots of attention more than I have with this one- who is now lovingly known as Sweetie.

Could she be a "mix-up" from the feed store? Where did you get her? What color are her legs? If they are an willow green I would almost vote for Easter Egger. I have a sweet girl that looks nearly like your girl. She is an Americana.

Barb, I notice in your sig line you have Welsummers. How do you like them? And what is the personality of the buff gander? I've heard they are nicer than other kinds of geese

She could very well be a mix up from the feedstore. Her legs are pinkish/yellowish and feathered. She has no muffs, beard, tassle or anything like that. I'm still confused.
EDIT: she has brown down the frint of her legs and toes- almost like the black/grey stirpe down the yellow legs of a barred rock.

The welsummers are warming up to me now( the 6 week olds- I have some younger ones as well) but they are very skittish. I do have to say that their interactions with the other chickens are fun to watch though. They seem very social with the other birds and kind of bossy or know-it-all-ish.
Gus, my American Buff, is very docile! NEVER hisses or acts aggressive whatsoever. I didn't raise him from a gosling and he had a pretty rough begining to his life so he's not really used to us but once you get ahold of him, he settles right down and likes to be pet.

Last edited:
Does anyone have and/or have pics of partridge cochins? Any age, I only saw the pics they have on feathersite but I know that the birds can vary.

Kind of on the topic of cochins, is there really such a thing as a blue cochin? I was just looking at Henderson's chart and blue is not listed as a color or variety. I have what I thought was a blue cochin.

Yes, I'm easily confused.

Yeah!!! Congrats on finally figuring it out.
Blue Cochins!! I would love to see one of those, I am sure that they are truly beautiful!! Barb, If you still have yours, could you post a pic?
Kristyne

Back
Top Bottom