Toulouse gosling

farmgirl728

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 25, 2015
We added Toulouse geese to our assortment of chickens and ducks. They are so beautiful and we are thoroughly enjoying their gentle nature even around our dogs, occasional cat. What I believe is the male of the four goslings we ordered based on his large size and dominant and protective attitude toward the others, has the habit of coming out in the morning and like the others, stretches his wings and begins his morning grooming routine. Then, everyone except him, folds their wings back to the normal position and gets on with their day. Our boy stretches, grooms and then only partially folds his wings back for the rest of the day. It’s like he opened a package, pulled out the contents and try as he might, just can’t get the contents back in the box. He acts perfectly normal but spends his day looking like he’s been hit by a car. The process begins again the next day.
Is this normal for a male or young geese in general as they mature and “test their equipment”? He acts perfectly normal otherwise. As a newcomer to geese, I’m appreciative of any tricks or suggestions other goose owners might like to share.
Thanks!

Any other time I get close, Lautrec gets up and moves but because I want him to, he doesn’t want to. If you need to see the wings when he’s standing up, let me know and I’ll annoy him a little! Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Here’s one of Lautrec walking around. The shadow really shows the angle he carries his wings. Like a kid pretending he’s a plane.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom