Two months old!! Mostly pullets?

Here are a couple more pics of that bird. Do these give any more clues to its sex?

They are some really great photos. Helps to see it up close. Yeah I think that's a Roo personally and he's only just got his full feathering in (the tiny yellow down feathering that still exists on his head is still slightly present) so im thinking he's between 6 and 8 weeks old. It's the redness of the comb and the undefined tail feathers that tell me that's a boy. I could be wrong of course, but if it were my birds, I'd label it as a Rooster.

This was my new hampshire red rooster at 7 weeks:
Screenshot_20240903_012537_Photos.jpg

20230727_083029.jpg

They are some really great photos. Helps to see it up close. Yeah I think that's a Roo personally and he's only just got his full feathering in (the tiny yellow down feathering that still exists on his head is still slightly present) so im thinking he's between 6 and 8 weeks old. It's the redness of the comb and the undefined tail feathers that tell me that's a boy. I could be wrong of course, but if it were my birds, I'd label it as a Rooster.
Honestly it would be so hilariously ironic if Liandrin the chicken were male. We named her after a book character that is part of a group that’s famous for hating/distrusting men 🤣 (Wheel of Time).

What things should I be looking for going forward to decide pullet or cockerel?

Also I forgot to say they were born July 8, so she is 9 or 10 weeks old, not sure the right way to count

Here are a couple more pics of that bird. Do these give any more clues to its sex?
I think she’s a pullet. She’s a little young for male hackle feathers to be appearing, and I would expect her comb to be much more red, especially in comparison to the other pullets. :)

Back
Top Bottom