UGH!!!!!! I gotta go take water to all the chickens ......

We've been hauling water as well. I'm really sick with H1N1 but the animals need water. My husband was having a fit that I needed to get back in the house but he can't do it alone. We've decided that things are going to be different next winter. Thank goodness for Tidy Cat litter buckets! We fill 4 of them at a time and each of us take two out to the pens. While we're outside our 8 year old grandson is filling 4 more for us so when we come back we have filled buckets to take out and he can take the empty ones and refill.

I keep looking forward to planting season.....

Laurie

Quote:
My cat has been gone for about 4 years, but I saved several of the litter containers and have several milk jugs as well, they certainly make it easier.

yep, I do the milk containers. I just got back in, again, from making sure everyone has plenty of warm water and food. Got the tarp put up, hope that helps cut down on some of the wind blowing. Had the backside and 1 side done all ready, now all thats open is the front.

I use the 2 1/2 gallon cat litter jugs......they don't slosh out all over me.
smile.png

Katy, I'm doing the same thing from the house to the coops twice a day. I use gallon milk jugs! I do think winter has set in people!
sad.png

Thank goodness for my heated water bucket! It hasn't been above freezing in a week here(well, one day it actually reached 32 - not enough to thaw anything). I'd be hauling water all winter.

At least you don't have below 0, when i have to lug water I've got a garden wagon, the one with the metal grating, i fill a bunch of jugs and pull them to where I need them, much easier and I don't get as wet.

Quote:
Yup. Fill up jugs and buckets at the kitchen sink, haul them through the dining room and den dodging dogs #1 and #2 and cat #1. Cat #2 is above such things, so he stays piled up on the bed under the covers, but Cat #3 is determined to go outside to play. It's quite the dance trying to get a full 5 gallon water bucket, a full gallon milk jug and a 1 gallon ice cream bucket of oatmeal through the door while trying to nudge a headstrong cat out of the way. Sigh. Then it's dodge the outdoor cat who is desperate for attention and get it all out to the coops. Reverse it all at night, but then you have to deal with the chickens being terrified of the scary hot water bottles.
roll.png
Ingrates.

We actually were able to thaw some of the plastic waterers, brought them in and ran hot water over them, didn't take long. Jeffers has small heated water buckets and while I prefer waterers for chickens I may invest in a few of these just to use in the winter. I am going to buy one heated bucket every couple of weeks for the horses, and this summer I plan to run my water to the barn instead of just using hoses.

Back
Top Bottom