Urates Bum

I mix a little plain yogurt into a small bowl of chicken feed and add water. Most chickens will peck at it.
OK - will try that. I've been using plain greek yogurt - higher in probiotics. That shouldn't make a difference, right? Also, she has perked up a bit today. She's moving around more and pecking things. I take that as a good sign. Still not making much noise, and she is usually a screamer. But I guess that makes sense if she's not feeling well.

How's your hen doing?
Thanks for asking! Much better! She's been drinking the water with ACV and I've been able to get some yogurt into her. As of yesterday, she no longer has any leaky fluid coming out and she has definitely perked up! Is it possible that this treatment worked that quickly?

Thanks for asking! Much better! She's been drinking the water with ACV and I've been able to get some yogurt into her. As of yesterday, she no longer has any leaky fluid coming out and she has definitely perked up! Is it possible that this treatment worked that quickly?
Good to hear she's doing better! Not sure if the treatment worked that quickly, but It could have!

How is she doing now?
Thanks so much for asking! She is 100% back to her normal self (except not screaming as much as she used to). I'm still doing ACV (therapeutic dose) in her water but I've stopped the yogurt and she's just eating her regular feed. The "treatment" seemed to have worked almost right away! Thanks for all your input and advice!

Thanks so much for asking! She is 100% back to her normal self (except not screaming as much as she used to). I'm still doing ACV (therapeutic dose) in her water but I've stopped the yogurt and she's just eating her regular feed. The "treatment" seemed to have worked almost right away! Thanks for all your input and advice!
Your welcome! I'm glad she's better! Still keep a close eye on her, she could start acting lethargic even if she seems better now, you never know. You did a great job on taking care of her!

Back
Top Bottom