URGENT!!!! SO MUCH BLOOD IN POOP!!!

Mar 8, 2024
U.S.A
Hi guys,
this morning I noticed a very very bloody poop on the ground from one of my two chicks (yes, they sometimes escape in the night.) They seem to be acting completely normal to me.
The only thing I have on hand right now is Poultry Cell, but I read that it's only used after the treatment of coccidiosis to replenish the chick's vitamins.
This has happened before briefly with my older chicks, but there were only small specks of blood. With these two chicks, it's like a little puddle of blood along with the poop itself. And I read that when there's this much blood, they've had it for 5-6 days ☹️
20240724_103010.jpg

I'm really mad at myself that I didn't catch it earlier. I hope I can save these guys❤️
Do I have to get something over the counter or is there something else I can give them? What should I get?

Please help, this is very urgent.

Thanks in advance❤️

Should I be worried that they are with my 2 month old chicks during the day?
Don't worry, but treat them all.

In case they don't improve visibly after two days of Corid treatment you might switch to treating them with a sulfa drug, as sometimes Corid is not enough.

Do not give any vitamin supplements containing thiamin during Corid treatment as it would render the Corid useless.

Sulfa drugs like SMZ-TMP or Sulfadimethoxine or similar work faster and will treat even the coccidia strains resistant to Corid.

Back
Top Bottom