Utah!

I totally want to see how its done too, not ever planning on doing it, but would like to know how its done.  I'm sure I could manage to actually kill the bird, but I want to know how to get all the feathers off. 

Me too! Plus I am scared I would not do it right the first time and it might suffer or I would cut my fingers off. :rolleyes:

I totally want to see how its done too, not ever planning on doing it, but would like to know how its done. I'm sure I could manage to actually kill the bird, but I want to know how to get all the feathers off.

Uh oh. Now who is going to give my DH the butchering lesson? He wants to learn how but no one to show him lol. I want to know how too, just in case I ever need to, but won't be doing that unless I am starving lol

Me too! Plus I am scared I would not do it right the first time and it might suffer or I would cut my fingers off.
roll.png

It isn't that hard....I always skin them...It is quick and easy. I have a feeling I will have to tutor Mike through it....With these issues with my spine my left side is totally useless at times, not to mention it is usually hurting.....The monster watched the last 2 I did a few weeks ago and was fascinated as I showed her all the parts.

I totally want to see how its done too, not ever planning on doing it, but would like to know how its done. I'm sure I could manage to actually kill the bird, but I want to know how to get all the feathers off.
If you get someone to teach you all, make sure I get an invite! I'd love to learn too!

Expedee the cat is home now. Picked him up this morning. He still isn't eating and we are going to have to syringe feed him. Guess that is common with cats after major trauma, though. He looks good--up and walking, but a little peeved that he can't jump up onto his favorite couch. The boys are, of course, completely doting on him.

aww, glad he's home and getting lots of love and attention. I'm sure someone will be helping him up on his favorite couch. :)

Uh oh. Now who is going to give my DH the butchering lesson? He wants to learn how but no one to show him lol. I want to know how too, just in case I ever need to, but won't be doing that unless I am starving lol

There are a number of very detailed posts in the Meat Birds forum. Dad and I messed up a few things here and there, but learned and will be doing it again. Maybe we can all learn together? Lord knows I have plenty of boys to work with!

I have to tell everyone what a gem Brian is. He came and stayed most of the day with a cleaning crew I hired. He planted trees, roses, washed dishes cleaned cupboards He even climbed on the roof to take a measurement for my new solar system. Was just a doll. I am so glad to have met him. He has such a nice smile and engaging personality

Expedee the cat is home now. Picked him up this morning. He still isn't eating and we are going to have to syringe feed him. Guess that is common with cats after major trauma, though. He looks good--up and walking, but a little peeved that he can't jump up onto his favorite couch. The boys are, of course, completely doting on him.

so glad keep him quiet and fed. Did they suggest fluids?

I have to tell everyone what a gem Brian is.  He came and stayed most of the day with a cleaning crew I hired.  He planted trees, roses, washed dishes cleaned cupboards He even climbed on the roof to take a measurement for my new solar system.  Was just a doll.  I am so glad to have met him.  He has such a nice smile and engaging personality

I'm happy I could help out a bit. I will come back over and do more work for ya with in the next few days and see if we can get everything in top notch shape:) you are such a nice lady and I'm happy I got to meet you.

Back
Top Bottom