-Very sick chicken!-

I agree that it does not appear to be any type of worm, but could be tissue from a reproductive or intestinal infection, although I lean toward reproductive. I would watch further droppings, and start some antibiotics.
I think you might be right. She just pooped this out and I have no idea what it could be..maybe like the egg sack or am I don’t know.

Attachments

• 29CDB575-B8A9-4976-8795-BF6532062811.jpeg
    29CDB575-B8A9-4976-8795-BF6532062811.jpeg
    627.3 KB · Views: 5
I had given her the amoxicillin a couple hours ago. As of currently she is asleep. Her last egg was 3 days ago I’m pretty sure but might be because of the sickness.

I think you might be right. She just pooped this out and I have no idea what it could be..maybe like the egg sack or am I don’t know.
That material looks like some lash along with wrapped up membranes and exudes = a mess.

I'd definitely give the Amoxicillin to help with inflammation and infection. Dose is 57mg per pound of weight given orally 2X a day for 7-10 days.

I'd also give the Calcium to help with contractions and hopefully she can more easily expel any material, just space the calcium a couple of hours before or after you give the antibiotic.

Work on her drinking well and eating. If she's off feed, entice her with bits of other things like egg, fish (tuna/sardines), meat. Sometimes bits of melon, cucumber or kale/greens are interesting too.

Back
Top Bottom