Virginia

I don't think it qualifies as northern virginia, but I do know there is one in Woodstock.  It is run by Old Orchard Farms so if you are looking for Orpingtons, they have some of the best in the country.
Yes, I have heard about them. They are an excellent family farm passed from one generation to another.

Last edited:
well, I just learned my permanent shift... bleh. off sundays and Mondays. so maybe we need to get a Roanoke area SUNDAY swap going. LOL.

well, I just learned my permanent shift...  bleh. off sundays and Mondays. so maybe we need to get a Roanoke area SUNDAY swap going. LOL.
How long will you be working Saturdays? Did you not tell them your Saturdays were for the birds?

Hope your able to work something out. Will miss you in Rocky Mount.

Last edited:
Quote:
yes, I have more than just 'for the birds' on Saturdays, since I'm also the recording secretary for a local amateur radio club that meets the 2nd Saturday morning every month. Roanoke swap is 3rd sat but rocky mt is a bit far to go most months since it's a good hour drive for me.

this is my "permanent" schedule, until a shift bid goes out to change to another.

I hope Woodstock had a good turn out. You could not ask for a better day.

Blue egg layer hens are sold out.
Green egg layer hens are sold out.
Calico's are gone except for one 1 yr roo. He is white, black w/ green tinged and orange.

Hawk flew over a couple of times and made things interesting.

Going to add as much as possible and drop prices as low as possible Next Saturday. To make things easier on my hubby over the next 6 months.

As I rode the riding mower and look at them all, I know there was a lot more I could have put up for sale but I have been clinging to them since they hatched out of their shells or I bought them and some siblings have been sold off, given away, shoot even my friends have had them for dinner. But these were different. Now at the 11 hour I look at them and know ... They will be going to Rocky Mount TSC Flock Swap next Saturday. I can only keep back the bare bones of my workings. I must make it easier on my hubby. He will be taking care of everything.

Well, it is about over and a few get to stay here another week. Will be selling Cochin, Japanese, & Belgium Bantam pairs for $5-$ 10.next Saturday. Pairs only

Phoenix Bantam pairs for $ 15.- $ 25.

Only Bantam, left to sell.

I am hoping and praying for a beautiful Saturday next week for everyone including me. See you all next Saturday. Got a busy week ahead of me.

Oh yes, I am so looking forward to next years Flock Swaps. As it stands but can change
1st Saturday of the month in Martinsville
2nd Saturday of the month at my mail box
3rd Saturday of the month at my mail box
4th Saturday of the month in Rocky Mount

I hope and pray everyone has a great weekend.

Hello all,

Newbie here checking in from (soon to be) Prince George. I just got my first set of hatching eggs today and am super excited. I should get a second set of eggs next week and hatchery chicks the 2nd week in September.

Anyways, sorry to interrupt, just wanted to say hello to my fellow Virginians!

Hello all,

Newbie here checking in from (soon to be) Prince George. I just got my first set of hatching eggs today and am super excited. I should get a second set of eggs next week and hatchery chicks the 2nd week in September.

Good evening,
Welcome aboard any time.
Any questions?
Just shoot it out there.
You surely will get answers.
However, remember there is always Google, wiki, yahoo and their answers are about equal, No experts!
You will always get an answer, thought provoking or opinions, the answers will be there.
Just remember the hatchery where you got your chicks are the experts and they WILL answer your questions and should be above all your "go to" BUT if they are closed, remember this site never closes and there must be a lot of insomniacs with chickens.
Happy to welcome another chicken owner, be careful they are precious BUT addictive.

Nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome!

Judging by your username looks like you're a fellow beekeeper. I wonder what percentage of us start with one (bees or chickens) and get lured into the other?

As for the chickens, I have a feeling I might already be addicted. Looks like I'm going to have to exercise a lot of restraint.

Hello all,

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom