Virginia

This local farm has them in a few weeks. Currently they have golden and silver but in the text it says blue laced will be in the next hatch. But that might a good drive for you.... http://store.marker99.com/
Did you check out my pet chicken? There are not many reviews for the blue laced red, but it was very positive.
Good luck with your flock!
Hello, I have not been on my pet chicken, I will check. Thanks for the link for marker99, based off of what I can tell they do seem kinda far...

Hello 0wen, did you ever find a local breeder for the blrw? I’m in VA and also looking for a breeder of them. Thanks!

I didn't. This year I got out of breeding birds and sold off my horstman flock and rebooted with chickens. I wound up buying a mix of hatchery birds because my wife and kids wanted an assortment. I overpaid from Mypetchicken because I only needed a small order (8) and because I couldn't find everything I wanted from a single hatchery. The birds matured out and my blrw is a beauty - I couldn't be more satisfied.

That being said, shortly after - my local rural king carried chicks of the same for a couple of bucks each (but I vaccinate my birds, so when I add live chicks, I order them and select the option).

Hello, I have not been on my pet chicken, I will check. Thanks for the link for marker99, based off of what I can tell they do seem kinda far...
Marker 99 is amazing - and so worth the drive!! I live in Purcellville and the drive wasn't more than an hour. I just bought a few blue red laced chicks off of them about a month ago - their chick days starts tomorrow and their BRL chicks are supposed to be hatching next week!!

Hii! I'm new to virginia and currently live on my husband's family farm in Purcellville, VA! :love

Hello again @Lyndssxo08! I have the feeling you are lots of fun:clapSo glad you popped on to say hi:frow
Xo, your new BFF :love Megan

One of my pullets (lt brahma) layed her first egg today! And then I broke it trying to get the dirt off:hit
19FF3939-6332-4C98-8545-AAF1FADB2791.jpeg

My favorite part of chickens!

Attachments

• A6531A10-CBED-41DB-88C6-C83B8109B3DA.jpeg
    A6531A10-CBED-41DB-88C6-C83B8109B3DA.jpeg
    567.9 KB · Views: 1
Hello again @Lyndssxo08! I have the feeling you are lots of fun:clapSo glad you popped on to say hi:frow

One of my pullets (lt brahma) layed her first egg today! And then I broke it trying to get the dirt off:hitView attachment 1653152
Ahhhh man I hate when that happens! I’m sorry! I’m dealing with my poor sick hen. Poor thing had a prolapsed vent, I took her to the vet and they have had her on meds all week and sewed her up and she’s doing worse than ever. It’s been such a tough day

One of my pullets (lt brahma) layed her first egg today! And then I broke it trying to get the dirt off:hitView attachment 1653152
Do you happen to know any good chicken vets around here? I tried blue ridge already and just they don’t seem to understand what’s going on

Good morning @Lyndssxo08! How’s your hen doing this am?
Sadly I do not know ANY vets that treat hens. My vet told me how to humanly euthanize when/if the time comes where I have a chicken in dire pain. That was the best I found...
But I do have an acquaintance that lives not too far from you that I’ll ask. She has lots of chickens and works at a tractor supply so I’m sure she knows of some and probably has working knowledge too. I’ll keep you posted!

Good morning @Lyndssxo08! How’s your hen doing this am?
Sadly I do not know ANY vets that treat hens. My vet told me how to humanly euthanize when/if the time comes where I have a chicken in dire pain. That was the best I found...
But I do have an acquaintance that lives not too far from you that I’ll ask. She has lots of chickens and works at a tractor supply so I’m sure she knows of some and probably has working knowledge too. I’ll keep you posted!
Thank you!! She’s not doing well unfortunately. There is no way I could put her down to be honest. She’s like a kid to me. I’m trying my absolute best to get her through this

Back
Top Bottom