Do you walk or run!?

• Total voters
I’ve made a commitment to get more movement in this year. I’m trying to do at least 2 miles a day (beyond normal walking activity) walking or running. Usually it’s just walking on the treadmill while I read a book or browse BYC. But once or twice a week I’ll run the 2 miles or run one, walk the other. I would love to get my mile time down to 8 mins but I’m currently just under 10 mins, so I have a long way to go. Goal for spring I suppose.
Oh wow that’s awesome!!!

I’m going for a walk right now! Trying to decide whether to do our usual sniffari or a speed walk lol
I put the special leash on for the speed walk but it ended up being a combo speed walk and sniffari cause he had to potty plus I was getting out of breath from no breaks anyway 🤣🙈 next time we will just stick to sniffaris and go further distances when we have time.

I put the special leash on for the speed walk but it ended up being a combo speed walk and sniffari cause he had to potty plus I was getting out of breath from no breaks anyway 🤣🙈 next time we will just stick to sniffaris and go further distances when we have time.
Challenge yourself to do 50 paces of speed walk, and then 100 paces of regular. Or whatever combo works for you. Do that for a week. Then do 60 paces, or whatever, but up it by 10-20%, while staying at the same number of paces of regular.

If you commit to doing this, you'll be surprised at what you can actually do. Don't give up, especially if at first you can only do 25 paces of speed walk. Start with what you can do now.

We started working out on the elliptical. Oh, man, 10 minutes had hubby gassed! I could do 15, but not at a very fast pace. Now we're up to 20 minutes each, with a pretty decent pace of 10 mph (this is like riding a bike standing up, so not that fast). It took us 2 months, but we're not quitting now.

Back
Top Bottom