Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Just put my first batch in the new incubator. 8 each Silver Leghorn, Spangled Russian Orloff and Mahogany RO. Wish us luck!

A friend and I hit the WSU Extension Winter Classes at Stanwood Highschool today. We took a poultry processing class - warning if you dont like seeing pictures of animals being slaughtered, don't click.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-processing-poultry-today-graphic-pics-inside
HI, i took one of the processing classes 3 years ago but we didn't actually do it…..Then 2 summers ago i did a class in Bellevue where each of us processed one and helped each other. The hardest part for me is to find a way to humanely kill them. We broke their necks and then slit them to bleed out. I attended Winter school this year too, but took other types of classes…I do recommend this yearly event. it is wonderful….The llama and alpacas belong to Don S. from Carnation area..apologize cannot remember his last name….He and wife are really nice.

Yo everybody!
Hello to all the new peeps that I have missed as I've not been here for quite awhile. Tis good to see some of my old friends still posting here.
woot.gif

I also see there's no night crew either. Dang.
hmm.png

Anyway, just stopped by to say Hi! I was 1,000 posts behind so I just read the past few days and called it good.
Hi There, Great to see Ya !!! After the last show i just went passed the old posts and have been trying to keep up…..Its a really nice community to visit. So, Tell us something good. :)

I know this might be a long shot but does anyone have an extra brooders (homemade or not) and/or incubators they'd be willing to sell? I'm in Enumclaw but willing to meet or drive somewhere (within reason, of course!). :)

Thanks!!!

Oh... have you been visiting Erhard over in Black Diamond????   I'd love to see pics of the chicks. 
yes, that's where I got them he was very nice and through up in half a dozen extra since he is unsure of the fertility. Here's the chicks to be:

If anyone is looking for a start with the ultimate homesteading fowl, the Langshan, this amazing young trio has been donated to the Prairie Hatcher 4-H Club's annual fundraising auction, Feb 22nd at Clark County Fairgrounds. You don't often get a chance at birds of this quality, and you support a good cause at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom