Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

And silkie personality ruined me for trying to breed ameraucana. I love the little tribble nuts. I don't have enough of a set up for breeding more than one breed and only one color group

I’ve heard so many wonderful things about silkies! I think I want to try those next. They don’t sell those in the farm stores around here thoug so I’m not quite sure where to get them. I’m SO new to this chicken thing! Ha!

Yup EE. That's the wild partridge color I was talking about

Oh ok that makes sense! Thank you for all of your help. This EE/Ameracauna thing has been bugging me since I got my first one a few months ago!

sure is chat it up my partridge isn't as dark have to do more photo's I guess I did get a new phone called galaxy 7 perx 5.5 inch screen 7 inches tall I can see it

I’ve heard so many wonderful things about silkies! I think I want to try those next. They don’t sell those in the farm stores around here thoug so I’m not quite sure where to get them. I’m SO new to this chicken thing! Ha!

Oh ok that makes sense! Thank you for all of your help. This EE/Ameracauna thing has been bugging me since I got my first one a few months ago!

It's the fault of hatcheries there is so much ameraucana misinformation. Mom still asks me when hatcheries quit calling them araucana like they did when she was a kid. Araucana is an entirely different breed of blue layer, but they all did originate from the same stock and imported birds

sure is chat it up my partridge isn't as dark have to do more photo's I guess I did get a new phone called galaxy 7 perx 5.5 inch screen 7 inches tall I can see it

One of your partridge is a blue partridge. Has the grey background instead of black. Makes for a lighter bird

It's the fault of hatcheries there is so much ameraucana misinformation. Mom still asks me when hatcheries quit calling them araucana like they did when she was a kid. Araucana is an entirely different breed of blue layer, but they all did originate from the same stock and imported birds
Yes, they really should be more forthcoming as to what breeds they’re actually selling. The Aracauna....oye no wonder I’m so confused!! I’ve been researching the Amaracauna breed and read that they were related to Aracaunas, but there was a gene that was bred out of Aracaunas that caused chicks to die in the Shell, and that’s where the Amaracauna came from? Since they all come from the same stock though it makes keeping them all straight pretty tough!

Back
Top Bottom