Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I looked at properties that were at least 5 acres so I could have any livestock I wanted or roosters. So I'm no real help on that. With current prices that's not an option for so many anymore.
I live in an unincorporated area for the same reason, as county ordinances are usually far less restrictive (and we have no HOA). I choose not to have roosters but my neighbor currently has 3. There are still noise ordinances but I can barely hear the roosters from my property, and the crowing sounds like air coming out of a balloon so it's pretty funny.

I live in an unincorporated area for the same reason, as county ordinances are usually far less restrictive (and we have no HOA). I choose not to have roosters but my neighbor currently has 3. There are still noise ordinances but I can barely hear the roosters from my property, and the crowing sounds like air coming out of a balloon so it's pretty funny.

Couple of the neighbors do target shooting. The one catty corner across our road has chickens as does the one catty corner across the O-K Hwy. Those are 10 acre plots. We're just shy of 18 and our neighbor has 40. Cannot hear the neighbor behind us. Too far with the marsh and trees separating. Many people shy away from property with wetland but it guaranteed no close neighbors and no development in the future as it's zoned Rural Sensitive Resource and Wildlife Corridor. There is enough dry acreage for our needs at the front.

I have 13 adult roosters currently. Need to eat a few of them. Should be down to 7 for the 6 pens. Broly is an old man and has a roommate to help with his duties.

When we decided to Move from Shelton. I was looking for 5 acres,
We decided to buy a house in small town it is on the edge of town.
No Hoa's maybe up the hill ? Behind us.
We have 3/4 of a acre, We are on short road and the only one on it.

I have 2 Cockerel 3 coops I hope by Summer I may be able hatch a dozen eggs or so.
I have lost 10 or 12 birds this last year need to rebuild my flock.

Many people shy away from property with wetland but it guaranteed no close neighbors and no development in the future as it's zoned Rural Sensitive Resource and Wildlife Corridor. There is enough dry acreage for our needs at the front.
I'm on wetland too - a little TOO wet (house was grandfathered in so it sits about 20' from a creek). Well I did specify wanting a water view, so I 100% have that, but viewing water coming towards your house is not good haha.

Lots are smaller here, I'm on one of the biggest ones at 4 acres (due to all the wetlands it can't be subdivided, and the lots south and west of us cannot be developed). We're not rural. I think we're deemed "ex-urban" so we have the illusion of a more rural setting with the suburban convenience of a supermarket, elementary school and public library under 1 mile away.

I don't think Id like an actual flood risk. Our house doesn't flood. When it was built in 1900 where the 40 acre pond sits was seasonal marsh. Then it was hay field until the 1980s. Neighbor across from us remembers. Then the beavers dammed the stream on the far end that created the two ponds.

There used to be another house on the property here as well. It sat maybe 30 feet from the seasonal stream. When he told me that, it gave me a huge clue to what the 4x6 cement slab buried under the dirt was that I found when I cleared over there. Can tell where it is in summer. So some scraping where I knew the lid would be confirmed its a septic tank. Same style that this house has.

We are 10' away from the river bank. Fortunately it is a 30' high bank, so no chance of flooding. All the ambiance of the river and no danger, works for me. Love sitting on the deck and watching the fishermen, who don't catch fish anymore. Used to be tons of salmon, but now with the net fishing in the Columbia, there are not many left. But they keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom