Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

They are 14 weeks old now, and should have been dealt with two weeks ago. Along with the rabbits. Busy trying to get all the garden beds done. Then I need to play musical coops and put the breeding quartet back into the main coop and ready the grow out coops for the 65 chicks that will be ready to move outside within the next week or two.
That's a lot of baby chicks lol what kinds do you have?

That's a lot of baby chicks lol what kinds do you have?
A lot of them still need to feather in more till I can figure out what they are. I ordered a surprise box from Cackle. So far, I've identified 9 Marans (3 Cuckoo, 1 Black Copper, 5 Wheaten), 1 Light Brahma, 6 Ameraucana (4 Black, 1 Blue, 1 Lavender), 5 black sexlink pullets, 1 Barred Rock, 2 Australorps, 2 White Cornish bantams, 1 Columbian Rock, 1 red sexlink pullet, 1 Silver Sebright, 1 Golden Sebright, 1 Gold Appenzeller Spitzhauben, 4 Gold Laced Wyandottes, 4 Old English bantams, and 5 Dominiques. Plus 8 Easter Eggers hatched from my own eggs.

A lot of them still need to feather in more till I can figure out what they are. I ordered a surprise box from Cackle. So far, I've identified 9 Marans (3 Cuckoo, 1 Black Copper, 5 Wheaten), 1 Light Brahma, 6 Ameraucana (4 Black, 1 Blue, 1 Lavender), 5 black sexlink pullets, 1 Barred Rock, 2 Australorps, 2 White Cornish bantams, 1 Columbian Rock, 1 red sexlink pullet, 1 Silver Sebright, 1 Golden Sebright, 1 Gold Appenzeller Spitzhauben, 4 Gold Laced Wyandottes, 4 Old English bantams, and 5 Dominiques. Plus 8 Easter Eggers hatched from my own eggs.
That sounds like a really good rounded box of chickens... someday when I have more property and not in a city I was to do something like that to. Would be cool to have a box of chocolates so to speak!

That sounds like a really good rounded box of chickens... someday when I have more property and not in a city I was to do something like that to. Would be cool to have a box of chocolates so to speak!
I want to breed some showable birds for the local 4-H kids, but couldn't decide on a particular breed. Looks like it's going to be either Wheaten Marans or Gold Laced Wyandottes at this point.

E235421A-7187-4123-A665-DE289C3B7DBB.jpeg
Currently we’re at 4 weeks old and outgrowing the brooder! It’s too cold to let them outside at all, so they are in the garage, but we’re trying to come up with a big enough space to contain the 12 of them ! Thinking a dog yard (metal fencing that folds up) with netting on the top so they don’t fly out! what did I get myself into?! LolView attachment 1308186
Well, the girls have a little more room now!

lot's of fun and eggs that's why ..... :gigdog yard is lots of work you do not want predators reach in and out no problem cost a fortune to wrap it in hardware cloth I do know folks that use them on older full grown birds or almost full grown but home to watch them netting is cheap off amazon 50 x 50
https://www.amazon.com/Yaheetech-Ne...21840024&sr=8-3&keywords=bird+netting+50+x+50
24.95 cost
Just posted an updated pic of the “dog yard” they are still in the garage

Back
Top Bottom