Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Last year it rained so much that it feels mild this year, but probably just normal for here. We are having a little rain this morning. Not a lot. Freezing temps coming on Friday, last I checked.
Right now I’m sitting in the sun in my chicken compound. It’s quite still after all the wind last night but it does feel cold.

Good Morning you all to this cold brisk 19 here in Marysville when I woke up at 7 am to let the chickens out. Happy Friday !!!!

Update on found chicken:

I never did find out who owned the chicken I found at our back gate, but she has become part of our little family. She has now made her way into the flock and has established herself in the pecking order. I must say she tried for the top spot but our queen was not haven it!! I did have to break up a couple of fights, and the new girl got the worst of it ended up with a bloody comb and waddle, cleaned her up and put her back insolation for a few more days. I put the isolation coop inside the chicken run (see photo its the gray coop). Then during the day, when the rest of the chickens were free to run around the back yard, I would let her run around the chicken run. Soon they all got used to her being around. But all in all wasn't too bad of getting them to all cohabite together. She did try to sleep on top of the coops instead of sleeping in the coop a few days but I made her get down. Gave her the choice of going back in the little coop or going in the big coops. She now sleeps in the coop at night with the other girls and I have not seen or heard any more squabbles from them. Also she has started laying eggs again, she stopped about a week after I found her. I guess it was the stress of being in a new place... I can tell her eggs from the rest of them because they are green.
So I guess its official we now have 8 girls. and couldn't be happier!! I am keeping the small coop in with the bigger coops just incase someone needs some timeout.... Below you will see they are all doing quite well and hanging out.

Attachments

• Chicken coops in the chicken run 2.24.23.jpg
    Chicken coops in the chicken run 2.24.23.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • Chicken coops in the chicken run 2.24.jpg
    Chicken coops in the chicken run 2.24.jpg
    994.2 KB · Views: 3
  • chickens 2..jpg
    chickens 2..jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • golden found chicken hanging out 2.24.jpg
    golden found chicken hanging out 2.24.jpg