Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Haven't been here in awhile. Anyway, sometimes I lose this thread. Had 5 hens killed this past Thursday in the run that we thought was secure. DH fixed the weak spot in the fencing that we think the coons or other critter got in. I am nursing an injured one who was still breathing when we found them Friday morning. She has wry neck, from being grabbed by the head and upper neck, from the evidence. Not much bleeding. Cannot stand, so she just lays on her side, sleeps a lot and gets spoon fed for now. Have had lots of good advice on another thread. She is slowly improving. Such trauma for them, and me.
so sorry for your loss
Hugging Hug GIF by Robin Schulz

Haven't been here in awhile. Anyway, sometimes I lose this thread. Had 5 hens killed this past Thursday in the run that we thought was secure. DH fixed the weak spot in the fencing that we think the coons or other critter got in. I am nursing an injured one who was still breathing when we found them Friday morning. She has wry neck, from being grabbed by the head and upper neck, from the evidence. Not much bleeding. Cannot stand, so she just lays on her side, sleeps a lot and gets spoon fed for now. Have had lots of good advice on another thread. She is slowly improving. Such trauma for them, and me.
Glad that she's getting better!

I was getting overloaded with eggs so I scrambled some for my chickens today, and ate quite a few myself. The time change is taking some getting used to.

Glad that she's getting better!

I was getting overloaded with eggs so I scrambled some for my chickens today, and ate quite a few myself. The time change is taking some getting used to.
Thanks. Have you thought to sell them? You sure have a lot extra, well, this year for sure. Next year the molt and slow down occurs. They keep for a few months if in an airtight container, refrigerated. I used to put my dozens straight in a plastic bag and tie it shut, back when I was buying them.

Thanks. Have you thought to sell them? You sure have a lot extra, well, this year for sure. Next year the molt and slow down occurs. They keep for a few months if in an airtight container, refrigerated. I used to put my dozens straight in a plastic bag and tie it shut, back when I was buying them.
I've thought about it, but I eat a lot of eggs nowadays. And if I get too many accumulated I'll give a dozen to one of my neighbors, or give my chickens a treat of scrambled eggs.

My chickens and I ate every egg in the house today, so I have no eggs at all right now. But that'll change first thing tomorrow morning. LOL

I've thought about it, but I eat a lot of eggs nowadays. And if I get too many accumulated I'll give a dozen to one of my neighbors, or give my chickens a treat of scrambled eggs.

My chickens and I ate every egg in the house today, so I have no eggs at all right now. But that'll change first thing tomorrow morning. LOL
Now I am short, and have a few people who are regulars, who have to wait longer now. Before losing the 5, I was barely keeping up with demand.

Oh no! I’m so sorry!

Here's a story about these. This past year, I bought 6 faux eggs to thwart my egg eater. Recently, I took these out of the boxes, and threw 4 of them on the grass for the rain to wash off, as they were poopy, and left 2 in another nesting box. The damages were on the ones that were in the grass, and the 2 others disappeared. Looks like some rat or raccoon didn't get what they thought.

Attachments

• 20231107_172956.jpg
    20231107_172956.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom