Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

My son, DIL and grandkids are coming to visit tomorrow. I'm going to try to get the kids interested in making some bee hotels for the garden. Kids and power tools go good together, don't they???

Lots of salal and Oregon grape berries are ripening along the edge of the woods so there will be plenty of healthy snacks available. Might bake a couple of pizzas for lunch. I haven't had pizza for months.

Speaking of snacks, I cooked a couple big bone-in chicken breasts yesterday. I left a lot of meat on the bones and gave them to the girls along with the skin. It was appreciated!

Today is all about cleaning up the house and getting it ready for the visit tomorrow. It's good for me to get visitors because it gives me the motivation to scrub things down. I also need to search the tree line for good chunks of wood for the bee hotels. Maybe I can find some old dried up, hollow berry canes to use too.

My son, DIL and grandkids are coming to visit tomorrow. I'm going to try to get the kids interested in making some bee hotels for the garden. Kids and power tools go good together, don't they???

Lots of salal and Oregon grape berries are ripening along the edge of the woods so there will be plenty of healthy snacks available. Might bake a couple of pizzas for lunch. I haven't had pizza for months.

Speaking of snacks, I cooked a couple big bone-in chicken breasts yesterday. I left a lot of meat on the bones and gave them to the girls along with the skin. It was appreciated!

Today is all about cleaning up the house and getting it ready for the visit tomorrow. It's good for me to get visitors because it gives me the motivation to scrub things down. I also need to search the tree line for good chunks of wood for the bee hotels. Maybe I can find some old dried up, hollow berry canes to use too.
Making bee hotels with the grandkids are how memories are made. Have fun!

I just made a peach pie with peaches from Jeremy's. Didn't think to get freestone, but I got the job done. Also made peach salsa to go on our honey glazed pork chops tonight.

Now to make a couple dressings. Ranch and Blue Cheese.

Great deal at the estate sale, bill!
Too bad I didn't see any "Antiques Road Show" worthy items. LOL

Back
Top Bottom