Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nyrial
I just finished sectioning off a spot in the run. it is only 6'x11' it has their little pool in it. can't really get under the barn. it is about 2 1/2 ft. in front but tapers down to about a foot in the back. they have a dog house they can get in. it was only in the morning that they bothered the chickens. the rest of the day they were fine. and same when they free ranged

Quote:
I bummed a few from WA4-Hpoultrymom. I think she had some more.

Quote:
Yeah see, my poor ducklings couldn't even leave the shed to eat without getting, umm.. "harassed" to death. Poor things. I had to beat the drakes off with a stick one day. Literally grabbed the closest blunt object (a rake handle) and beat them off. That's the day they joined the roosters in kennel cabs in chicken jail. I think 6X11 is adequate for 2 ducks, especially if they get to free range too. Rainplace would be the authority on that though..

Last edited:
Rare Feathers Farm wrote:
Anyone else have a couple plastic bandettes I can buy off you? I need two or three for the upcoming show...I hate to buy 25 or whatever at once...I need standard hen sizes for a Sumatra & a Sussex

I bummed a few from WA4-Hpoultrymom. I think she had some more.

I sent a few off to Heather too, but she needs a larger size, I only have size 9. If anyone else needs size 9 bands, let me know!

Tamara​

Yeah I'm going to call from work today. I think they have a 48 hour guarantee. I was kind of hanging out to see how many more went.. that and I had to wait till yesterday to identify the bodies/breeds.

Free chicks

Production Rhode Island Reds with the possibility of a White Araucana cross

Pickup in Shelton Area tonight or tomorrow.

I have not counted yet, but there are several.

PM me for details.

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Aaaahhh! I'm so excited.
wee.gif
I just put in an order for 20 Araucana chicks from a very good breeder out on the east coast. Their eggs are sooooo blue. I can't wait!! I'm getting them sometime after the 23rd, possibly the 25th.

And with that, I'm expecting a lot of Ameraucana eggs, some Marans eggs, and some Jersey Giant eggs.
smile.png

Oh and of course, sometime today or tomorrow I should be expecting 4 more grapevines and another almond tree to arrive.

Oh, and the nicest bit of news is that it did NOT snow out here!!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
@unemployed - I won the auction yesterday and am super excited to start my first flock with your two birds. I'm hoping to be able to pick the birds up this weekend? This could also give us a chance to visit our family and friends out in Enumclaw where we are originally from! Shoot me a message! We are looking forward to the hens!

Cheers!
Steven M Nielson

hmm.png
Hmmm... No response yet. Kind of getting bummed out about my first chickens. I know, it has only been a few days - but I am not patient when it comes to slow communication.
he.gif
If I don't hear from UC by the weekend, looks like I will be looking for anyone willing to sell two healthy year olds - preferably a mild mannered breed like RIR???

I'm not interested in raising from chicks to begin... so if anyone knows of a good source, or can be a good source for year old laying hens... you may be my new best friend!
hugs.gif

Steven,

If it doesn't work out, I have two 1 yr old RIR hens that I am willing to part with. We have too many chicks and hatching eggs coming, and need to thin down our flock to make room. Let me know if you are interested in them.

Tamara

PS: We are in Monroe....

Hey, I know there have got to be a couple gardeners in here - does anyone grow potatoes? If so, when do you usually put the in the ground? I want to try some this year, but I'm not sure when I should plant them. If it hadn't just gotten cold again, I probably would have planted them already. Now, I'm worried that it's too cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom