Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
This picture is so incredibly cute. It reminds me of a pic of my son, taken 40 minutes after he was born--He was conked out for a little while, and then was awake for the next three years LOL:

Last edited:
I always hatch them in egg cartons. Works awesome. And, I haven't seen anyone else say it yet, so I will...you need to quit opening the bator. LG's are SUPER temperamental, and every time it gets opened, it drops temp, which is going to delay the hatching further. It also messes up the humidity, and you could end up with shrink wrapped chicks, even though your hygrometer says 55%....
wink.png
I was just gonna say that very thing...shrink wrapping is a very real possiblity, may have it already is why they have not hatched yet.
You really must monitor your humidity.

I'll have to open it one more time to get the chick out. It's standing up in it's dish, but every time I look in the incubator it gets excited and tries to climb out. Darn it, I'd like to have a couple of buddies for it, but I'm stuck at home with a sick kid. I assume the 2 week olds will be too rough for one day old chick? Or am I wrong?

Jennifer
It should not have a dish either.
Chicks can drown, and really do not need feed nor water for a few days.

Hooray! It's bi-annual worming day today! I've written my list of chickens and I'm off to do them one at a time until they're all caught and checked off. Might have to wait until tonight to do some...if I can't catch them with treats this afternoon. Fun times huh? I hope that helps Ethel grow a little bit. She *might* be the one chicken that I know escaped worming last time around.
hmm.png
It was my worming day too !
But DH just got home last night so I have postponed for a few days.

I can't help but put my 2 cents worth in.
1. I'm to heavy to sit on eggs and hatch them, so I have never hatched an egg.
2. I'm half Polish (on my mothers side) which may or may not explain some of the things I've posted.
3. These are the truths I've learned from the school of hardknocks in my long life.
A. b4 trying something knew, with no knowledge of endeavor, Read a few articles on said endeavor. Re-read the articles again, you have missed valuable points.
B. buy a book on the skill/knowledge you wish to obtain.
C. follow the advice of people that have successfully achieved desired results.

In following the above truths that I have learned, I humbly offer the following; LEAVE THE BATOR ALONE.
lau.gif

This picture is so incredibly cute. It reminds me of a pic of my son, taken 40 minutes after he was born--He was conked out for a little while, and then was awake for the next three years LOL:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute !!!!!
My daughter was like that, so cute & quiet, then the screaming started & cholicky...and I asked the Doc to PLEEEEEEEEEASE put the baby back IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif

The case box of the hex egg cartons is in Einstein's shop and he says there is several hundred in the box, and he would love it if someone wants it....
lau.gif

I have several cases of other egg cartons, styrofoam peanuts, shipping boxes and more shredded paper & stuffing for shipping eggs, all in his shop...YES he wants it all gone !!
lau.gif

Here is pics I took last night of the procession arriving.....now ya know why DH wants all my chicken (and sewing & quilting stuff) OUT of his shop....

Like the 50 pound crock ??????????????

The poor little trailer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my 100 pound chopping block !!!

Where's all the drawers ?????

IN THE VAN !!

AND a bathroom sink (upside down)

There is 15" or more deep in trays of tools on every sq inch of floor of the van, front seat included.
The tires look ready to POP !!!
Now we have no where to put the stuff.
Guy across the street has a huge shop & said he'd rent storage space but he is out of town...so we are stuck with all this STUFF and cannot go haul feed...........
barnie.gif

This is about 1/4 of Einstein's toy collection....
he.gif

I can't help but put my 2 cents worth in.
1. I'm to heavy to sit on eggs and hatch them, so I have never hatched an egg.
2. I'm half Polish (on my mothers side) which may or may not explain some of the things I've posted.
3. These are the truths I've learned from the school of hardknocks in my long life.
A. b4 trying something knew, with no knowledge of endeavor, Read a few articles on said endeavor. Re-read the articles again, you have missed valuable points.
B. buy a book on the skill/knowledge you wish to obtain.
C. follow the advice of people that have successfully achieved desired results.

In following the above truths that I have learned, I humbly offer the following; LEAVE THE BATOR ALONE.
lau.gif
So am I. You wanna make something of it.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom