Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

This is one of my July chicks. I just can’t decide if it’s a pullet or cockerel. It really doesn’t have much of a comb, and the tail doesn’t scream cockerel to me, but those red wing patches are making me wonder…
IMG_6015.jpeg

This is one of my July chicks. I just can’t decide if it’s a pullet or cockerel. It really doesn’t have much of a comb, and the tail doesn’t scream cockerel to me, but those red wing patches are making me wonder…
View attachment 3965826
Pretty bird! But I agree the wing patches look suspect

Good afternoon pond! Fall is definitely here too. It's all over the ground and has been rather cold at night. We were taking some senior pictures the other dayand you can see it everywhere in the background!

20241013_165820.jpg

I may have missed the auroras but I did manage to get a picture of the comet. We could see it without the camera but night mode made it more visible

20241015_193650.jpg

View attachment 3965826
I am going to say pullet. That wing coloring is not real bright as I would expect on a twelve week old cockerel.

I would make a third on pullet.
We made a stop at the feed store to get layer and mash.
Into the town get a few things done.
Sun has come out not getting real warm 65 so far.
Take a few days to dry out but normal fall.

View attachment 3965826
I actually think male. The feathers at the base of the neck look like they are starting to bend/ be soft as they are in males. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom