Were You Attacked and Injured by YOUR Rooster?

Were You Attacked and Injured by Your Rooster?

• I did nothing, we're okay

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • I did nothing, he attacked again

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • I confined him, his attitude improved

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I confined him, didn't help his attitude

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • I rehomed him

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I removed him from the gene pool (permanent)

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Other (describe)

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
I have a rooster that is just over a year old and he seems to continue to be aggressive. It started as soon as they were able to free range outside. I can pet him when he is roosting (keeping my face FAR away from his beak). I have two roosters that grew up together and they don't fight alot, occasionally but the other is much calmer. I am unsure what my aggressive one is, he resembles a Welsummer but is not living up to the docile temperament
If he's aggressive towards you, or anyone else, get rid off him.

Not all chickens live up to the personality that their breed typically has, as every chicken is an individual. Especially males, who unfortunately are much more aggressive than females. You can post a picture of him here and we can see what he probably is. Where did you get him?
I ordered the eggs to hatch from out of state but when they hatched it was never marked down who was what lol he’s a beautiful bird and I’d hate to cull him

Attachments

• IMG_2640.png
    IMG_2640.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
I ordered the eggs to hatch from out of state but when they hatched it was never marked down who was what lol he’s a beautiful bird and I’d hate to cull him
These are the breeds of the eggs I received: Easter egger, olive egger, Welsummer, Australorp, brown leghorn, cuckoo maran and old English red Pyle bantam. Bantam didn’t hatch

In my case, the rooster saw a hawk kill the Alpha rooster.

Then started attacking me the next day.

I don't blame him at all. He's doing pretty good for an animal with 200 million brain cells.

Back
Top Bottom