What age did your bantam cochins start laying?

Did you get an egg yet?

I am Investigating mine. I found a tiny egg yesterday in the nest box. But it is the same color as my big girls egg. So I don't know if it's a fairy egg or my cupcake who laid it. She has been in an out of the nesting box singing egg song. My big girl with the same color egg already laid. So if I find a tiny egg today, it's my cochin's.
No egg yet, but squatting and still some egg songs. I named mine Muffin and Munchkin😅. They are so tiny. And have been exploring the area my hens lay. Ive actually watched them watch the big hens as thry are up on the roosts.

No egg yet, but squatting and still some egg songs. I named mine Muffin and Munchkin😅. They are so tiny. And have been exploring the area my hens lay. Ive actually watched them watch the big hens as thry are up on the roosts.
She goes inside the coop with the big girls when they go to lay. However, I don't want for all of them to start laying in the tiny coop because so far they are all fighting for 1 nest box eventhough there are 6 available.

I think mine are older. When I got them on April 2nd, they were fully feathered, already ready to go outside, so I am thinking they were probably 3-4 weeks old ?????

She goes inside the coop with the big girls when they go to lay. However, I don't want for all of them to start laying in the tiny coop because so far they are all fighting for 1 nest box eventhough there are 6 available.
I have 2 boxes currently. And instead of boxes they choose the corner of the coop, so i just made that area so they could lay there. So as the bigget hens are laying they watch them from the roost

I think mine are older. When I got them on April 2nd, they were fully feathered, already ready to go outside, so I am thinking they were probably 3-4 weeks old ?????
Mine were born March 20th so your are probably a little older

Here she is. Her comb redenned overnight. Exciting!!!

Attachments

• 20240708_195559.jpg
    20240708_195559.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom