Mine are
Juniper (buff orpington)
Ginkgo (easter egger)
Ginger (easter egger)
Vanilla (easter egger)
Lavender (lakeside eggers)
Basil (lakeside egger)
Chocolate Mint (lakeside egger)

I had 4 (all easter eggers although 2 were cream legbar based and 2 were ameraucana based) that have since passed that were named Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme in reference to the song Scarborough fair. They were unplanned, I needed 4 names, I really liked the song and thought "huh, that's 4, that works".
Since I ran out of Scarborough fair references, I decided to just name these ladies after herbs although a few of them are references to other things. Ginkgo is a reference to the mushishi protagonist Ginko 'cause she reminded me of him as she had such a calm serene expression (and she is actually my friendliest bird) and coincidentally she is my lightest colored bird (Ginko has white hair in the anime). Juniper is a double reference, first to the brothers Grimm tale the juniper tree (it is probably one of their darkest if not the darkest tale even by their standards so be warned) and to the character Juniper woods from ace attorney (best game series about lawyers). Also coincidentally in one of the cases Juniper woods is in they mention yellow bellied chickens and Juniper (the chicken) being a buff orpington is an actual yellow bellied chicken. Ginger is a reference to one of the cats in neko atsume by the same name. She also ironically turned out to be brown with black markings Chocolate Mint is named for the cultivar of mint by the same name (and it's also just my favorite color combination and the best ice cream flavor). Vanilla was just named for the vanilla orchid but she wound up being white with black markings.
I think that covers everyone

My names are:
Buffy (Buff Orpington)
Rhodie (Rhode Island Red)
Pascha (Easter Egger), and
Golde (Golden Sex Link), but Golde's name got changed to Piper. Golde is Rev Tevye's wife from Fiddler on the Roof, and that she is NOT! She is the smallest and bossiest of my flock (and most feathered out) and always telling everyone what to do. "Fly out of the brooder, like me!", "I bet you can escape when she opens that door!" Pascha is the largest, my friend keeps telling me she might be a rooster, but I hope not! So far the only one starting a comb is Rhodie. She and Piper are the same color, but Piper has a golden face.

My chickens names are:
Hens:
Nugget (Buff Orpington)
Morel (Blue Australorp)

7 week olds:
Daikon (Blue Jersey Giant)
Okra (Speckled Sussex)
Sorrel (Gold Laced Wyandotte)

Deceased/Rehomed: (I don't remember all of their names or breeds, but these are the ones that I DO remember)
Rocky (Barred Rock)
Rojo (Road Island Red)
Roadrunner (Brown Leghorn?)
Shiitake (Golden Sex link)
Shadow (Black Jersey Giant)
Gimble (Black Jersey Giant)
Button (Buff Orpington)
Hedgehog (Black Australorp)
Lavender (?)
Pepper (?)
Anise (?)
Ginger (Ameracauna?)
??? (Brown Leghorn)

Ducks (Deceased/Rehomed)
Marigold (Welsh Harlequin)
Rose (Welsh Harlequin)
Zinnia (Welsh Harlequin)
Gamora (Golden 300 Hybrid)
Yelena (Golden 300 Hybrid)
Black Widow (Golden 300 Hybrid)
Hulk (Golden 300 Hybrid)

1000002313.jpg

Meet Monty (rooster), and Milli. She now has two little white chicks. Lots of name suggestions, but I think I need to wait until they are older.

Back
Top Bottom