what breed is he

FowlfaN

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2024
ive actually already posted a thread on this little chicken here but he was still small and no one new what breed he was
exactly but I don't really need his exact breed I just want to know what other people think.
he is 3 months now and growths pretty fast compared to y chickens but compared to chickens online he seems to be growing slowly.He very smart and has learned how to fly on my arm:)
IMG_20240704_072134.jpg

Probably some kind of gamefowl mix native to your area. He looks like the kind of wild, feral chicken you can find running free in many warm climate areas across the world. He could even be a jungle fowl mix.

To me, he looks perfectly healthy. It could be that his parents were on the small side and so he might be too when grown.

all his parents I actually caught from my area so you are very right.
this is his mother.that was when she was sitting on eggs.

Screenshot_20240704-094621.png

this is his grandmother and grandfather on his mothers side.
Screenshot_20240407-220840.png

pictures  (1).jpg

and this is his father
pictures  (2).jpg

Agreed some sort of game or jungle fowl. If you caught the parents wild then that is why he is growing slowly. Modern breeds and what hatcheries offer have been bred for years to develop more rapid growth and egg production. A true jungle or game fowl will grow slower because their breeding hasn’t been messed with.

Back
Top Bottom