What breed is this rooster.

Bunbun0412

Songster
Dec 18, 2020
I am wondering what breed this rooster might be and what he may pass down to chicks when bred to a barred rock. He has some orange specks in his neck and white feathers in his tail and wings. We know he is not a pure barred rock because he has had chicks and they are definetally not pure barred rocks.

20230319_160150.jpg
20230319_160211.jpg

He might have been hatched as a sex link. Whether he was or not he is a mix. Your previous pairings are going to answer your question better than what others can guess about his recessive genes. Paired with a barred rock hen all males will be barred and females could be barred.

He might have been hatched as a sex link. Whether he was or not he is a mix. Your previous pairings are going to answer your question better than what others can guess about his recessive genes. Paired with a barred rock hen all males will be barred and females could be barred.
That is so cool to know! And yes that is true. We had a hen hatch out 7 eggs but she was so mean and only 2 survived sadly. But we got a barred rooster and a beautiful shiny black pullet with a small patch of barring on her underside!

I will see if I can ask for some pics of them. They are my cousins chickens and we both wanted to know his breed.

I know this is somewhat off-topic, but I bred a barred rock hen to a silkie rooster and she is barred?

Back
Top Bottom