What breed of duck will go broody the most?

HELP! I am incubating 11 duck eggs currently. All have pipped externally, since today in morning. I thought one had already started zipping, and tried to help. But I think I just made the egg shrink wrap. The duck is moving inside the egg, and I can hear him pip. But so far no sign of advance. Can anyone help me or told me what to do?
Thanks in advance

I have a duckling that hasn't made internal, pipping nor external pipping. I already made a safety hole through the shell but not through the membrane. I'm just worried that if I open the membrane it will shrink wrap. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!

HELP! I am incubating 11 duck eggs currently. All have pipped externally, since today in morning. I thought one had already started zipping, and tried to help. But I think I just made the egg shrink wrap. The duck is moving inside the egg, and I can hear him pip. But so far no sign of advance. Can anyone help me or told me what to do?
Thanks in advance
Could you post a photo of this egg?
I have a duckling that hasn't made internal, pipping nor external pipping. I already made a safety hole through the shell but not through the membrane. I'm just worried that if I open the membrane it will shrink wrap. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!
If the safety hole is small enough, it won’t cause shrink wrapping. How long ago did you make the safety hole?

Last edited:
Sorry for the late answer, the egg in which I made the safety hole ended up dying (he was not ready). I think it was my fault for making the hole. Successfully 10 out of 18 ducklings hatched! Originally, I put 20 eggs. Out of those 20 eggs 2 were not fertilized. So it was like 18 eggs in total. Those eight were early quitters. When it was day three 11 were alive, and out of those 11, 10 hatched. One died because of the safety hole I did. I got five Black Swedish, two Blue Swedish, and three yellowish gray ducklings. They were all Blue Swedish duck eggs, which I collected from my Blue Swedish ducks. Will post some photos later.

Thanks for the answers and help. It is good to know that I have help anytime

Last edited:
I’m happy 10 / 11 could make it! I really highly doubt your safety hole affected anything, though. Some are not meant to be :idunno

Also, your three yellowish-grey are probably Splash Swedish!

I’m happy 10 / 11 could make it! I really highly doubt your safety hole affected anything, though. Some are not meant to be :idunno

Also, your three yellowish-grey are probably Splash Swedish!
Yes, I really don't know if I made the safety hole too early, or he was just not meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom