what can be eating my ducks eggs

cochin 5

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 23, 2016
what can be eating my ducks egg i keep them alltogether in the same pen i have had waterfowl and call ducks eggs eaten

what can be eating my ducks egg i keep them alltogether in the same pen i have had waterfowl and call ducks eggs eaten
It's possible that your poultry/waterfowl are eating their eggs. But of course it could be other causes. Few questions, How do you know the eggs are being eaten? Are they half eaten when you find them or all eggs gone?
Do you ever feed eggs back to your flock?

thing is, a lot of predators would eat the birds too..! I think eats are a strong possibility though. Perhaps even small snakes? Depends on the pen's security.
I don't know how secure you coops are but this is what will eat eggs here: rats, opossum, raccoons, dogs, fox, weasels, chickens...

It's possible that your poultry/waterfowl are eating their eggs. But of course it could be other causes. Few questions, How do you know the eggs are being eaten? Are they half eaten when you find them or all eggs gone?

when i find them they are in two halves like when you put them in the frying pajust the shels are left there was 12 and 4 had beenbroken in half

when i find them they are in two halves like when you put them in the frying pajust the shels are left there was 12 and 4 had beenbroken in half
and the insides eaten?
Is the pen secure from rats/foxes/raccoons etc?

I'm going by memory but that sounds like a skunk. When a possum eats eggs they tend to smash them into bits of egg shells. When skunk eats eggs they are much gentler, the nest often looks like a broody hen had just hatched some chicks. The eggs are in halves and have been licked clean. I can't remember how raccoons leave the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom