What can be wrong with my chicken please help!!

I would use antibiotic ointment on it after cleansing it twice a day with saline or chlorhexidene. Posting a picture later when it is healing would be good.
Thank you so much I will keep everybody updated we are trying our hardest so she can heal soon how much time do you think it will take to heal?

Hi so an update to me her wound looks better. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20240323_120656.jpg
    20240323_120656.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 10
I know it looks like wow and it has been hard days for us healing her and sometimes seeing blood when she pecks herself but we are trying our best. We want her crop to heal. We don't want to lose another chicken because it's hard and sad.

Can you try making a little ring to go around her neck, preventing her from reaching the wound? You could remove it when she is eating and drinking if it gets in her way. A Tee shirt made from a cut off sleeve of a Tee or sweat shirt might also work. The cuff should be around her neck. You can experiment with something that works. If a bandage works best, that might help. But make sure that it is covered with antibiotic ointment or wound cream. It may be irritating her, itching, or hurting. Have you ever located the sharp edge that cut her chest?

As the crop will be extending and shrinking constantly according to her food uptake I think that this wound should be stitched up carefully as not to accidentally fix the outer skin to the crop.

Back
Top Bottom