What did you do with your flock today?

Hey gang, sorry so disappeared and don't have time to read back posts yet.
Forest is still missing and I am putting everything I have into finding him. It has ruled my early mornings and late nights calling, looking, baiting, trapping... It has been hard living with absolute heartbreak for a month. I'm tired and sad but still hopeful and will not give up, ever. ♡♡♡View attachment 3814187
AJ has had a series of infections and falls. So during my non cat calling and baiting and trapping hours- aka daylight, it is much about her. We have been meeting with Healthcare pros and getting additional help and eyes to make sure we are up to par. She has done some serious declining and we are barely keeping her out of a wheelchair. The PT is helpful. DH is main caretaker and doing a great job, I am wound care, bathe care, additional meals, second set of eyes and fill in when he has had it- because, it is a lot and should not be done alone.
I still have my full flock, still waiting on new dad to be finished and claim LB's but glad he has been slow and thorough. I have won the battle with stick tight fleas, maybe not the war, but flock is clean. Keeping them locked up while treating and retreating the soil several times seems to have really knocked the flea numbers down and out. Pyrethrin is a wonder 👍👍👍View attachment 3814202
Enjoying Mango season 🥭🥭🥭

I have been late night trapping and doing Wednesday 3am feeds for KCCP. Have 3 new grumpy fostersView attachment 3814191
And have still managed to catch up and keep up with my bag stands!

Tally Ho monster has been a great comfort. He sleeps with me and keeps me company often.View attachment 3814196View attachment 3814197
We have had some nice rains. I'm glad spring did not pass us by ♡View attachment 3814204
Also, squeezing in work up at the cabin as a guest is coming next weekend. DH is down with sore hip ontop of everytging else, so this falls on me but I don't mind. I love the fresh air and the ride up 😁View attachment 3814205
may have to go up today or tomorrow 😉🌈💜🩵💙💚💛🧡🩷 silver linings.
Welcome back! So good to hear from you again. As for those fleas, recently read about elemental sulfur, put in a dusting bag hung above their coop door, which will automatically treat them as they go in and out. Works for mites as well, especially NFM, which you may not have. Good to hear about your escapades, and successes.

Forest is still missing and I am putting everything I have into finding him. It has ruled my early mornings and late nights calling, looking, baiting, trapping... It has been hard living with absolute heartbreak for a month. I'm tired and sad but still hopeful and will not give up, ever. ♡♡♡View attachment 3814187
AJ has had a series of infections and falls. So during my non cat calling and baiting and trapping hours- aka daylight, it is much about her. We have been meeting with Healthcare pros and getting additional help and eyes to make sure we are up to par. She has done some serious declining and we are barely keeping her out of a wheelchair. The PT is helpful. DH is main caretaker and doing a great job, I am wound care, bathe care, additional meals, second set of eyes and fill in when he has had it- because, it is a lot and should not be done alone.
I still have my full flock, still waiting on new dad to be finished and claim LB's but glad he has been slow and thorough. I have won the battle with stick tight fleas, maybe not the war, but flock is clean. Keeping them locked up while treating and retreating the soil several times seems to have really knocked the flea numbers down and out. Pyrethrin is a wonder 👍👍👍View attachment 3814202

I have been late night trapping and doing Wednesday 3am feeds for KCCP. Have 3 new grumpy fostersView attachment 3814191

Tally Ho monster has been a great comfort. He sleeps with me and keeps me company often.View attachment 3814196View attachment 3814197
We have had some nice rains. I'm glad spring did not pass us by ♡View attachment 3814204
Also, squeezing in work up at the cabin as a guest is coming next weekend. DH is down with sore hip ontop of everytging else, so this falls on me but I don't mind. I love the fresh air and the ride up 😁View attachment 3814205
I'm so sad to hear Forest is still missing....that is heartbreaking. Wish I had anyway to help. I'm so glad you have Tally and those very grumpy fosters. Hopefully they're good heart medicine which I'm sure you're in need of right now. :hugs :hugs:hugs

It sounds like you have your hands full in a hard way. Aging is not a pleasure past a certain point. I'm glad it's a family effort though and hope all of you find time to just breathe and enjoy life where you can. I know you know how important that is ♥️

Your world is so beautiful as always! We've missed you here and sure hope you're feeling well.

After a crazy week with babies inside being treated for coccidiosis, and in between rain, we finally got out new run assembled! (Even made an article about it, it's not perfect: run or article lol)

But here it is. The girls have a lot more space as we've planned for a while now.
And grass! They look happy 😊

:hugs :hugs :hugs❤️

Aww, so glad to have you back!
I'm so, so sorry Forest hasn't found his way home yet, it's absolute torture when a beloved companion goes awol. I bet Tally is missing him too. Fingers crossed he returns soon :fl. You're clearly
doing all you can to ensure that happens.
Your new foster kitties are too adorable 😍
Your life is so busy, I don't know where you get the energy! I feel overwhelmed just reading about it. Just make sure you take some time out for self-care too.

Last edited:
Could her non laying be a spring molt, or finishing her molt which started back in December? She's not lethargic today.
Does she look like she's molting? I'm not sure ...I forget how old she is. My young birds usually lay at least some during molts...but my old girls usually don't. So maybe?

After a crazy week with babies inside being treated for coccidiosis, and in between rain, we finally got out new run assembled! (Even made an article about it, it's not perfect: run or article lol)

But here it is. The girls have a lot more space as we've planned for a while now.
Very lucky girls!

Awww I’ve been thinking about you lots and knew it wasn’t great we hadn’t heard from you. I’m sooo sorry about Forest and hope that you find him but my heart breaks for you. 😢 I’m so glad you have Tally to love on when you need it. I’m also sorry to hear that while you are worried about Forest and getting serious glares from the foster clan 😆 that you are having to worry about AJ. It sounds like you are both handling things well, but it’s a big mental load to carry! Let alone a physical one. You are far overdue for some relaxed time!

I’m glad you still have the flock in one big piece! You can save that shift in dynamics for later down the road! One thing at a time—why doesn’t life ever subscribe to this philosophy?! The year my sister died…life had to add a stint in the hospital for my mom that they were worried might be cancer…and I got pregnant with my first while living alone in Portland, 500 miles from my husband! 🤪 I hope you and DH are able to keep her comfortable.

It’s so nice to see that you are still able to see the silver linings in things! Sure helps when you have all that beauty around you! Those plumerias are just SO amazing I can almost smell them! 🥰

Hugs friend, I’m so sorry you don’t have better news about Forest yet ❤️

Back
Top Bottom