What did you name your farm or ranch....and why?

We call ours Coyote Corner. Because we have about three different packs of Coyotes around here that we hear every night.

I have finally decided on a name for my mini farm - Moon Light Farm

The reason I am going with this name is because I have been playing Harvest Moon since the first game came out on the black and white gameboy, and I have always used the word "moon" in my little video game farm. So when I start talking about ideas for a farm name with my DH he suggested that I use Moon in the name because Harvest Moon is what really started my dream of farming.

So for the last year I have been trying different combinations with "Moon" but none felt right. Last week I suddenly was hit with inspiration and thought "Moon Light", since we will be moon lighting as farmers and I knew that this was it. This was the name i have been soul-searching for. Now all I have to do is figure out how to make it offical with the state of Maine! Lol.
love.gif

Last edited:
I'm Jen, my husband is Eric and we couldn't think of anything special...so, we went with JenEric Farms...I know, I know...it's pretty GENERIC. HA!

edited for spelling

Last edited:
LaLaLand, because when I'm in despair about the way the world is going, or stressed from things I can't change (like, hey, say our gov is cutting funds for foster families who care for very challenged kids just so he can say we didn't raise taxes), etc, I can come home and be in La La Land where everyone is happy and no one is starving, .......it is definitely a refuge.

My son named our little farm "Cross Beak Farm". This was name of his favorite hen that he rescued from someone that was going to cull her. She lived happily for 2 years with us.

Last edited:
We are farm assessed (for the woodlands), but I don't really consider us a farm. There's a brook through our land named "Stony Brook." I would imagine it's being used already, but I haven't looked it up, yet. If we ever got around to naming our place, I think I'd want to call it "The Mitchells at Stony Brook," or some such nonsense.

We have 5 acres called "Pine Acres" it was named that for many, many years before we got it about 21 years ago. It used to be an orange plantation back in the day, before it was sold off a few acres here and there by the previous owners. We still border a wildlife reserve and it's all still pretty much woods everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom