What do YOU collect? (Besides chickens!)

I collect Parakeets LOL
I have 6 adults and 2 babies. I have a large collection of bird feathers from all different kinds...enough to make a pillow out of them.

Oh and I have to add that I don't do anything with the feathers. Its an addiction of mine... I just use them as decorations.
My Room is filled. I am getting better though hahaha

Last edited:
That reminds me! I collect hand-blown glass Christmas ornaments. Every year I buy one for each of us... I'm going to need more trees soon!
big_smile.png

Oh yeah, I forgot that my DD collects skulls. She even dug up her dead hamster for the skull. Dead cat is a project for this summer. She has a hog skull with a bullet hole in the forehead and she puts peacock feathers in the bullet hole for decoration. Everybody collects such interesting things!

Do you really want to know?

- shells (LOTS!)
- pleas to my parents for more animals
- books (antique: 1 ((The Cricket in the Hearth)). regular: ummmm.... over 100)
- collections!

I collect 17th-18th century antiques. Mostly funiture and primitive housewares.
I also collect old watering cans for the garden.

Cheeptrick, you would have loved the privy I just dug up on my own property.
We decided to rip out a patio area and plant a garden on the side of the carriage house.
Turns out that was the privy.
Our house is an old stage coach stop.
We found over 50 intact vintage bottles. Plus enough broken glass to fill a trash barrel.
I dated some of these bottles back to 1856 and alot of them are embossed with things that say
couch killer
pain killer
german syrup
cocoacaine
vegetable pain killer
names of several apothercaries
and a half full bottle of bitters with the cork in it.
There is more but I can't think off the top of my head.
There were alot of plain ones too.

We found over 50 intact vintage bottles. Plus enough broken glass to fill a trash barrel.
I dated some of these bottles back to 1856 and alot of them are embossed with things that say
couch killer
pain killer
german syrup
cocoacaine
vegetable pain killer
names of several apothercaries
and a half full bottle of bitters with the cork in it.
There is more but I can't think off the top of my head.
There were alot of plain ones too.

th.gif
WOW I used to collect old bottles (most dug up wayyyyyy in the middle of nowhere where houses once stood). I quit because I was bored.....THAT would have started me back!!!!​

Quote:
the only reason anyone collects beer bottle is because they are like my uncle frank they either forget or are too lazy to through them away.

Back
Top Bottom