What do you make? Handcrafted / Handmade / Made with Love

A few more horsehair baskets:
basket30.jpg
basket33.jpg

basket22.jpg
basket21.jpg

Love the peacock feather on this one. :)
basket26.jpg
basket24.jpg

basket35.jpg

I picked up a new (to me) serger machine a week or so ago. I've been interested in getting one for a while it just hadn't happened. I think I got it figured out and have changed the design of the hen saddles that I make. Not only can I get them done faster now, but it's saving my wrist and arm from the carpal tunnel that's been steadily getting worse. What do you all think? Do they look ok and do you think they'll hold up just as good?

The "new" serger

20231005_063621.jpg

Old way on the left, new on the right

20231016_165639.jpg
20231016_165645.jpg
20231016_165649.jpg

I picked up a new (to me) serger machine a week or so ago. I've been interested in getting one for a while it just hadn't happened. I think I got it figured out and have changed the design of the hen saddles that I make. Not only can I get them done faster now, but it's saving my wrist and arm from the carpal tunnel that's been steadily getting worse. What do you all think? Do they look ok and do you think they'll hold up just as good?

The "new" serger

View attachment 3661103

Old way on the left, new on the right

View attachment 3661104View attachment 3661105View attachment 3661107

Nice! They looks very similar to me! The ones I got from you years ago are still perfect, lol.

Nice! They looks very similar to me! The ones I got from you years ago are still perfect, lol.

Glad to hear it! The only difference is the edge stitching. The originals had to be stitched inside out, flipped, ironed then a line of stitching run on the outside. The new ones are just switched together with the raw edge basically wrapped in thread.

Glad to hear it! The only difference is the edge stitching. The originals had to be stitched inside out, flipped, ironed then a line of stitching run on the outside. The new ones are just switched together with the raw edge basically wrapped in thread.

Oh ok I see it now!

Here's another of my coiled horsehair baskets. It's my biggest one yet at 7" in diameter. I think it turned out very well. :) I do take custom orders for my baskets, but the bases are all pretty much one of a kind, and I would need an entire tail in order to ensure I had enough hair for larger ones like this. :) Message me if you're interested--I have tons of bases to choose from, both horse themed and non-horse themed!

basket79.jpg

Back
Top Bottom