What does God do with dogs after they die????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Ok it is to late in the evening for me to start this and will by no means cover the whole topic till I am more awake but here is a start:
Where does it say we go to heaven or hell?

Well right away I think of Matthew 25:31 (skipping the few examples in front of it)
31 "But when the R954 Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He R955 will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "All the nations will be gathered R956 before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as R957 the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on R958 His right, and the goats on R959 the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, `Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit R960 the kingdom prepared for you from R961 the foundation of the world. 35 `For I R962 was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I R963 was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, R964 and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited R965 Me; I R966 was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, `Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 `And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 `When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "The R967 King will answer and say to them, `Truly I say to you, to R968 the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, `Depart R969 from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal R970 fire which has been prepared for the R971 devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, `Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take F553 care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, `Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "These will go away into eternal R972 punishment, but the righteous into eternal R973 life."

I am to tired to remove the reference numbers so please ignore the R___ THis establishes heaven and hell not how we get to either place.
I know nothing of the Bible about sleeping till Jesus comes for us.

I have a question for the Catholics, if they say an animal has no soul why do they open churches to bless them once a year? We should bless our cars our furniture etc also? Come to think of it my car may need a blessing to keep going!
smile.png

OH look birds fly in midheaven..I will have to look that word up later...
Revelation 19:11-21
11 And I saw heaven R948 opened, and behold, a white R949 horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful R950 and True, and in righteousness R951 He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes R952 are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; R953 and He has a name R954 written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe R955 dipped in blood, and His name is called The R956 Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine R957 linen, white R958 and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From R959 His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with R960 it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule R961 F223 them with a rod of iron; and He R962 treads the wine F224 press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a R963 name written, "KING R964 OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." 17 Then I saw an F225 angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all R965 the birds which fly in midheaven, R966 "Come, R967 assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat R968 the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders F226 and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both R969 free men and slaves, and small R970 and great." 19 And I saw the R971 beast and the R972 kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat R973 on the horse and against His army. 20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false R974 prophet who performed R975 the signs in R976 F227 his presence, by which he deceived R977 those who had received the mark R978 of the beast and those who worshiped R979 his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake R980 of fire R981 which burns with brimstone. F228 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came R982 from the mouth of Him who sat R983 on the horse, and all R984 the birds were filled with their flesh.

Did you know peacocks were in the Bible also!

ok bed 4 now,night!

What I believe and have read before is that animals have souls, and they do go to heaven. I do believe in other lives, in the fact the humans have many lives as we are learners and learn different things in every life we have, and we choose our lessons. Animals do not come back, they only get one time around, and that is because they are perfect beings. God made them perfect, they don't need to learn anything. They are all in heaven, living and being, some will wait for their loved one. If you have read "The Rainbow Bridge", I like that poem and it makes me really wonder sometimes. I have read stories about children that have near death experiences and come back talk about seeing a "rainbow bridge" and people they knew where there. To me that seems like the same bridge the poem is about. Just something to think about.
cool.png

Well that is an interesting question but to me, in my beliefs, not an unanswered one.

I follow my traditional Native beliefs and accordingly, belief that animals go on as humans do.

All living things have a spirit, some call it a aura, some call it a soul but nonetheless, all things capable of life have a spirit that goes to the afterlife.

I believe with all my heart and being that when I cross over, I will be with my family that has crossed over, my wolf and horse that have crossed over...they will be there making a place for me.

I was with my wolf when we had to be put down and after 13 years of loyal companiosnhip, I made the decision...I was sitting on the floor with his head in my lap....I was talking to him and telling him I would see him again and that there the old ones on the other side that would be with him until I came. He and I were both at peace...there was no suffering or lingering. My prayer is that I can cross over as peacefully as he did.

I am sorry you lost your Buffalo...but know that she is at peace and will feel no pain or discomfort where she is.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
It's funny, I'm not a practising Catholic, but I am Catholic regardless. As far as I know, Catholics see it that animals don't have souls, and therefore go to pergatory. We had to have my 4 year old Yellow Lab euthanized because she had become uncontrolable and extremely agressive, I think she's in doggy heaven, even if her ashes are in a container on my fireplace
smile.png
I loved her, and miss her dearly, she was amazing, kind, protector until she went mad -_-

Quote:
Very well put, I am in firm agreement. Heaven will be filled with pets.

Quote:
This is how I feel too. I also believe the bible was written by people, as a sort of history book. God and life is a mystery that I respect.

Quote:
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

And now dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died, so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.

We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shouT, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will raise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. So encourage each other with these words.

NLT

The Thessalonians were wondering why many of their fellow believers had died and what would happen to them when Christ returned. Paul wanted the Thessalonians to know that death was not the end of the story.

Now to respond to a few other comments: 1--

It's true, the bible was written by people, but these people were inspired by God.

2--

As far as following the Ten commandments--they were written for the Jews while wandering in the desert. they had 40 years of wandering in the desert to adhere to these commandments. And still they failed.

In the new testament, Jesus siad to the Pharisee when questioned what he needed to do to inherit eternal life. In Luke 10:27-28, Jesus responded,
The man answered, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

“Right!” Jesus told him. “Do this and you will live!”

these are the commandments, as spoken by Jesus Himelf, what we must do to receive eternal life. And basically, these two commandments ssimplify and cover all that is stated in the 10 commandments

3--Oblio, I have complete faith that if God said though Isaiah that a baby will play safely near the hole of the cobra, I would have no reason to fear for the safety of my child.

Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert in theology. If I have questionsfor ANYTHING, the answers are all found in God's book

Mark 12:24-27

24 Jesus replied, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God. 25 For when the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. In this respect they will be like the angels in heaven.

26 “But now, as to whether the dead will be raised—haven’t you ever read about this in the writings of Moses, in the story of the burning bush? Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, God said to Moses,[a] ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ 27 So he is the God of the living, not the dead. You have made a serious error.”

I can't remember where this came about, I think it was in my youth group back in the day, but it came about then those who go "to heaven" won't recognize or be recognized by our loved ones. Basically everyone wanders around alone but "with God" This is one of the biggest things that turned me off to organized religion. That and the constant requests for "tithing" -isn't that supposed to be voluntary???

But who wants to go to heaven and be alone? That seems more like purgatory to me...

According to that theory, you wouldn't be aware enough to know who you "were" or what you had or who or what you had loved. Doesn't seem right to me.

We have gotten way off topic here. I think the OPs questions were answered many time over, so I am going to go ahead and close this.
Thanks for your participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom