what is considered too cold for quail chicks at 3 weeks?

I wouldnt keep them below 60-70 until they're fully feathered. Mine always stayed indoors until they were all feathered
we've got one quail, a Texas A&m, who was a yellow chick. she is now almost completely white with those few black dots on the back of her head. would that be considered fully feathered?
IMG_1527.jpg

My Coturnix get kicked out at three weeks as long as their first couple nights are gonna be at least mid-50's °F. This is mainly because they are coming from around 70° stable temp in the house and I worry about too big a change so quick.
My first quail were shipped here at 3 - 3.5 wks. The care sheet from the big farm said not to put them outside without heat if temps would drop below 40°.

we've got one quail, a Texas A&m, who was a yellow chick. she is now almost completely white with those few black dots on the back of her head. would that be considered fully feathered? View attachment 3637084
Yes, it is fully feathered. The bird behind it is not fully feathered out.

My Coturnix get kicked out at three weeks as long as their first couple nights are gonna be at least mid-50's °F. This is mainly because they are coming from around 70° stable temp in the house and I worry about too big a change so quick.
My first quail were shipped here at 3 - 3.5 wks. The care sheet from the big farm said not to put them outside without heat if temps would drop below 40°.
the temps when they would be at night would also drop to mid 50s.

Back
Top Bottom