What is this in my chickens poop?! Sick pullet

UPDATE: She just pooped out another piece of that weird stuff! I put my finger there for size.

1000008292.jpg

1000008294.jpg

I tried to kind of open it up a little

1000008296.jpg

If it's coming out in pieces will it eventually all come out and she would potentially be ok? Is there something I can give her to help clear it all out?

@Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @triciayoung thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I decided to euthanize Mini today. Took her to a vet to have it done because I'm a wimp and can't do it myself!

She was done. No longer eating or drinking. The little bit she had eaten before she stopped eating - her crop didn't empty all day yesterday and overnight. Panting for days now. Couldn't stand anymore. Pooping on herself. Done.

No necropsy done because the kids and I wanted to bury her and the kids wanted to put flowers on her in her grave. 🥰

Based on everything said here, I'm going to hope and assume this was lash material coming out of her and she had reproductive issues.

I'm really hoping it's not something like Mereks running through my flock.

Thanks everyone for your help in this. :(

Speaking of Baytril. I know you said you didn't have money for the vet but try calling and explaining the situation and asking for a dose of Baytril without a vet visit. Sometimes vets will just give the dose without an exam and extra vet bill. My vet charged me about $4 for a needless syringe ful of Baytril for a chick with an infected nostril from a peck. Worth a shot!
You can buy Baytril without a prescription from All Bird Products: https://allbirdproducts.com/products/baytril-10 I always keep at least one vial around for emergencies.

I decided to euthanize Mini today. Took her to a vet to have it done because I'm a wimp and can't do it myself!

She was done. No longer eating or drinking. The little bit she had eaten before she stopped eating - her crop didn't empty all day yesterday and overnight. Panting for days now. Couldn't stand anymore. Pooping on herself. Done.

No necropsy done because the kids and I wanted to bury her and the kids wanted to put flowers on her in her grave. 🥰

Based on everything said here, I'm going to hope and assume this was lash material coming out of her and she had reproductive issues.

I'm really hoping it's not something like Mereks running through my flock.

Thanks everyone for your help in this. :(
Sorry to hear about Mini:hugs

Back
Top Bottom