What Kind of Incubator do you have or prefer ?

frank53061

Songster
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Location N/W Arkansas Hillbilly
I have in years past used a home made Incubator and home made egg turner max count for chicken eggs 20 maybe enough room for 12 turkey eggs.
With all the Hens that I have 9 and 5 Toms of coarse I plan on reducing those numbers to 4 Hens and 2 Toms but till then and with trading eggs with some fine folk here I need the added room to and of coarse its got to be with in my budget.
This the Incubator that I am looking a Buying jn8-48 egg incubator

Compact, light weight, functional table top design
Measures: 19 1/2" x 20" x 11"
Weight: 16 lbs
Made of plastic, easy to clean and sanitize - will last years vs. short life span of foam incubators
Precise automatic digital temperature control - holds to .1 degree C easily adjusted
High and low temperature/humidity alarms - alerts you if temperature or humidity are out of tolerance (fully user adjustable)
Turbo Fan provides excellent air circulation and even heating.
48 egg automatic turner, turns every 2 hours - egg cups hold all sizes of eggs from quail to goose
Day counter (push reset button at start of incubation and days are automatically displayed)
Separate water channels to adjust humidity
Foam packing to insure safe shipping delivery and may be used for added insulation if desired.
4 Clear observations windows on top
Power supply: 110/120 Volt 60HZ
You can expect high percentage hatches with this unit

The reviews that I have seen seem to be good if anyone out has any experience with this one or a model like it please let me know here are Pictures of it and buy the way I found this at the price of $161.33 with shipping I have seen them on EBay for as much as $270 same model.

Combined with my home made Incubator this would give me the ability to set approx, 60 Turkey eggs at a time or a combination of eggs.

Last edited:
I have a Farm Innovators Pro. With the turner it fits 41 chicken eggs. It fits fifty ish without the turner. The thermometer and hydrometer on the machine are off badly but if you get a thermometer or two you trust and a little calibrated hydrometer it is awesome! Holds a very steady temp and humidity (that's saying something since it is desert dry out here). It was also very inexpensive as incubators go. $130 for the incubator with fan and turner. Oh, and they are including a candler free right now. The thermometer/hydrometer I bought to keep it accurate was $7.

I am on day 8 of my first round of eggs but so far this has been a very easy -and exciting- experience. :)

I have the Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco

But I would prefer having this ............... :drool

I'm still new to incubators. Last year was my first year EVER having and using an incubator. I still have a lot to learn but I do know that I would like to hatch more than 12 turkey and pea fowl eggs at one time. I would like to hatch a bunch of goose and duck eggs as well. I guess I'll keep practicing with little bitty bator until I can do better. :/

I love my gqf! Overkill for what I really needed but reliability was key for me. I think the gqf would hatch a rock.
big_smile.png
I just need to order the humidity reservoir for mine to make it even easier- remember to fill every 3 days is error prone.

I love my GQF digital. I had all the room I needed, and hatched for friends and neighbors too.

If I had the extra money, I would invest in one but I'm too cheap. :/

I don't ether Kuntrygirl I would have to advertise to hatch out other peoples eggs and charge them for it to be able to pay for one of those GQF digital Incubators.
That and my wife would have me out side in the dog house or chicken coop I guess I could snuggle up to my GQF Digital Incubator for warmth :idunno

:yuckyuck

:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau

That is TOO FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau

Back
Top Bottom